This is a big issue and I am tired of pretending that it isn't bothering me. It is on my mind all the time. What did Phun mean?

"What did I say when?" he lifted his brows, food partly in his mouth. He is actually trying to be oblivious!

"You said! P'Ae couldn't ask me out."

"Uh," he dropped his fork, "so you wanted P'Ae to ask you out?"

"No, no way." I definitely did not want that. Why would I when I am trying to get as far away from being this guy's boyfriend as much as possible.

"So I helped you out of it."

"Huh?" was that why he said that? To help me get out of that painfully awkward situation? "So you didn't mean what you said?"

"No."

"Oh."

"Did you want me to mean it?"

I didn't respond immediately.

"Then I mean it."

"No, no, no, don't mean it." I held up my hand. Wait for me to think first. Actually, why do I have to think about that? The answer was obviously no.

Phun laughed, "I am only joking," he said. I sighed. "But you should be careful of P'Ae. "

"You are telling me," I said with a mighty sigh. What was it about me that attracted guys to come ask me out? First Phun and now this guy. Why doesn't it attract any cute girls?

Speaking of cute girls, there was one right now coming our way. Nong Ruth. Damn, I don't want her to see me. I lowered myself under the table as if I was looking for something.

"Noh." Don't call me, I am trying to hide here damn it!

"P'Phun," I heard her little voice. She must be standing right next to Phun.

"Nong Ruth, how are you?"

"I'm fine."

"P'Phun, are you here alone?"

He better say yes. I stayed still looking at the white table cloth. It would be so embarrassing if I was caught now.

"Uh, yeah. What about you, Nong Ruth," he asked.

"Yeah, I just want to buy a few things. P'Phun, would you like to join me?"

"No, sorry, I'm leaving after eating."

"Eh? P'Phun, why are there two plates of food on your table?"

I'm sweating now, just when I thought she would go away. It's hot under this table you know. If she doesn't go away I'm going to burst out with 'surprise' and pretend I wanted to scare her. Jeez, why did I hide to begin with? It was a little disturbing that she, a girl I don't know, was asking me to help her get together with Phun. I'm so busy you know, I don't have time for that.

"I want to take one home for my little sister." Wow, what a smooth liar. I gave Phun a thumbs up from under the table.

"Okay, I will visit you later."

Wait, visit?

She left and I wiggled out of the table.

"Wait Noh, she is coming back!"

I quickly dived back under the table only to hear that jerk Phun laughing his ass off. Asshole.

I got out again, glaring at him. "Sorry Noh, it was too good to miss."

"It was too good to miss," I mimicked in a caricature Phun voice.

"Why did you hide anyway. "

"Uh," I don't know if I'm allowed to tell Phun that his Nong likes him and she wants me to help her out. But wait, if Phun starts dating said Nong Ruth won't that finally take care of my problem? "She is a fan, you know how I am with fans."