Leader.

I looked up, right into the eyes of the Agency Leader. He was sitting back on the chair, twirling a knife in his hands, smirking up at me confidently and cunningly. His dark brown eyes gleamed as he looked at me. 

I raised my head further, to see a man standing in the shadows of the room, leaning against the back wall. His features were indistinguishable. I kept my eye contact on him a moment longer, narrowing my eyes.

I looked back down to the Leader. Time to act submissive.

"Wh-what do you want to know?" I asked, making my voice crack at the beginning of the sentence. He laughed a chilling laugh.

"How about we start at the beginning? What's your name?" He asked, and I forced myself to sound broken again.

"M-my name is E-Elia" I replied, keeping my eyes focused down.

"Okay, what were you doing in the castle?" He asked again.

"I was g-getting information" I replied, hating how I had to sound scared.

"Oh yes? What information?" He asked. Oh, this was going to be fun.

I raised my head and looked him straight in the eyes. I fixed him with a fake innocent and fake sorry look before replying.

"Oh, you see, that's where we're going to have a problem. I'm not telling you a fucking thing" I tell him in an angry and sarcastic voice. I could see him looking shocked.

"And you haven't fucking broken me, and you never fucking will," I say, spitting the words at him.

"So you can go show your questions up your ass." I finish and carry on switching my gaze from both the shadow at the back of the room and the fuming leader in the chair in front of me.

The Leader gets up and raises the knife towards my face as I glare at him. He cuts once, along my arm. He sits back down and asks the question. When I refuse to answer, he cuts my arm again. We continue this until I end up with multiple cuts along both my arms and blood dripping down them. 

During the whole process, I just shut my eyes, and brace myself for the pain. When he stops, I just stand there, exhausted and hurting. I would hang, but my shoulder was killing me, so I was forced to stand, with pain washing in waves over me, and blood dripping down my arms onto the floor. 

The man at the back still hadn't done anything, just watched. I was sure by now that he was The King.

The leader stared at me with a challenging look and cruel smile as I opened my eyes.

"Don't worry. We still have your whole face to go" I growl at his words and I can feel my fangs appearing as I steel myself for the pain. He lifts the knife towards my face and is about to cut before the man at the back speaks.

"Stop." One, commanding word. He steps forward into the light and I can see his face. He had black hair and bright blue piercing eyes. He watched me curiously as he stepped towards me. The Leader stepped back, his knife hanging limply by his side as he glared at me.

His fair skin and sharp features were accentuated by the light. He came toward me and stood right in front of me. I kept eye contact with his haunting eyes. No emotions in his eyes, only vague curiosity, and the need to assert his power. His whole body radiated power.

"People who don't tell me things have something to hide, or someone to save. You have a dragon that depends on you answering these questions, so that makes me even more curious. What do you have to lose from telling us that is worse than losing your dragon?" He finished, crossing his arms as he stared at me intently.

"Everything. I have everything to lose." I whisper and hang my head brokenly to the side.

"You tell me, do I choose the life of my dragon or the life of my -" I begin angrily but cut myself off as I almost give away too much information. He sees this, and his eyes focus in on me. He grabs my chin and looks into my eyes. 

I meet the intensity of his gaze with an emotionless look, blanking my emotions.

"Who, who can you lose." He says, his eyes completely bewitching me. I look away and shake my head, not wanting to get caught in his gaze.

He stands in front of me, completely intimidating. He's wearing a leather jacket and dark trousers, and at least 6ft tall.

"I take it you're the King?" I ask. He looks at me carefully.

"Yes. Have you taken the oath or vow about Royal secrecy?" He asks, looking at me suspiciously.

"Of course." I lie easily, but my palms are sweating. His eyes widen and he looks at me surprised but angry.

"You haven't. That's not good." He says angrily, his eyes turning dark as he looked at me.

"I have!" I protest. He just growls at me in response. I growl back at him in and bare my vampire fangs at him. He glares at me darkly, growling louder and walking out with the Leader. I was left exhausted, bloody and cold.

I was sleepy, but every time I tried to sleep my body would relax, and my weight would hang off my shoulder, causing pain to rocket through my body. I was stuck in a cruel cycle.

I managed to just stay standing and close my eyes, pretend I was sleeping and try and trick my body somehow. Unsurprisingly it didn't work.

I must have stood there for hours before the door finally opened again. In walked Callum.

"Callum. Why are you here?" I asked in a cracked voice.

"It's Prince Callum to you. And I want to know why you left the academy." He asked in a cold, emotionless tone.

"I can't," I answered, shaking my head as the answer came out in a broken whisper. A tear slipped down my cheek.

"Stop. You don't get to cry. Such liberty is not reserved for the likes of you." He said in a cutting voice. And he walked out the door, leaving me hurting in my cell.

With tears dripping down my face, and blood dripping off my arms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! 

Just want to say thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the book!

G3o7l4 xx