Crashing the Party

By now, more vampires that were related to the Royal Family had joined the party, so I would be able to go undercover without anyone questioning me too much.

I slipped into the party, undetected. Royals were wandering around, talking and chatting politely. The only people I needed to avoid were the Vampire King and Queen because they wouldn't know who I was, and I was planning to use them as my cover story. I walked over to the bar, people staring at me as I passed, I must have made quite an impression in my incredible dress. At the bar, I picked up a glass of champagne and stood, surveying the scene. I knew I must be stared at, and sure enough, most of the Girl Royal Guards were looking at me, eying me with a critical look, for potential danger. They weren't stupid, they could clearly see the muscles and knew a good fighter when they saw one. I just had to make sure I don't set them off.

I felt someone approaching and tensed, still holding my champagne glass elegantly. It would be a good weapon if I needed it.

So violent.

Just cautious. See any dragons you know?

Yeah, three.

That would be Jaces, Damons and Callums. Make sure they can't see you.

Their here?

Yes - their Royalty.

Seriously?

Yeah. Doesn't make them any better fighters though.

Doesn't make them worse. Be careful.

Aww does the dragon have feelings?

Shhhh. You'll give away my secret.

Laughing inside, I tensed slightly when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to see the handsome mask of Hayden, the Shapeshifter Prince. I smiled deciding to tease them all, I would be an enchanting seductress. He spoke, just as the orchestra struck up a new song.

"Care to dance?" He asked, smirking. I smirked right back at him, letting a graceful hand clasp his as he led me towards the floor where couples were already dancing.

"I'd love to."

We clasped hands, one of his going to my lower back, and one of mine, to his shoulders. We moved around the dance floor elegantly, both practised in the art of dancing.

"So. What brings you to a Royal ball?" He asked, looking down at me with a piercing look in his eyes. He would be able to tell if I lied, so I had to play this carefully. I knew from the beginning that this wasn't him trying to seduce me, or any romantic moves, just he was sent from his family to find out anything, and everything about me. I knew others questioned my identity too. Sure enough, as we spun, I looked around and saw multiple Royal members watching me, including the eldest Shapeshifter Prince, staring at me with a calculated look, trying to work out why I was here, who I was, and if I would be a threat to his family. If anyone could work it out it would be him, that why I had to distract him a bit. Make him angry. I flashed him a smirk, which made him narrow his eyes and look at me harder.

"What wouldn't," I said, replying to Prince Hayden's question. This bought further suspicion in his eyes, unsurprisingly.

"What's your name?" He tried, again.

"Alexia" I replied, and I could tell he was focusing his Shifter hearing to see if I was lying. Before he had the chance, the song finished and I walked away from him, but not before leaving him with a parting message.

"Look out for yourself Prince Hayden Setria. There are those who know everything about you and just don't know how to keep their mouths shut." And leaving him with his eyes wide and mouth hanging open I walked away swaying my hips.

Once I had grabbed myself another champagne I found myself out on the balcony. There, I saw a view that took my breath away. Light twinkled far below, showing signs of life in the village. I saw a few dragons just before the trees. They looked up at me, smelling me. The three that recognised me tilted their heads inquisitively. I held a finger up to my lips and smirked. But I knew there was no point, they wouldn't be able to tell who I was as they couldn't see my face, just vaguely recognise my smell.

I turned around as I heard someone else come outside. Jax, the Vampire Prince. I sighed a little bit on the inside, this should be an interesting conversation. But instead of confronting me instead he went and leant against the balcony looking at the view. I joined him, and we silently watched life go by.

"You've created quite a scene," He said, breaking the silence.

"I just know how to make a dramatic entrance," I said."You all looked a bit bored" I finished, looking at him. He chuckled.

"Royal meetings are always..tedious." He admitted. 

"Aren't you going to ask me where I come from? Who I am?" I asked, still wary.

"Do I need to?" He asked, looking me straight in the eye, for the first time that night.

"No. Just be ready," I said, getting ready to leave.

"For what?" He asked, looking wary for the first time.

"Oh darling, I made a dramatic entrance, so what could possibly make you think I'm not going to have a dramatic exit?" I smirked at him, leaving him on the balcony, hips swaying as I walked away, with him looking completely shocked. Just how I leave my men. Surprised, impressed and too shocked to speak.