3

It had been two months and Rose could feel every second that passed by.

Every miniscule second in the expansive universe that she wasn't with the Doctor.

And it hurt.

She knew in the back of her head that it was because of the TARDIS and the connection she had with her. It was stretched farther than it ever had been and she could feel the aching pain. But it was also more than that. It was like that day on the game station all over again. The feeling of being all powerful and seeing time. Seeing timelines unfolding and converging and being destroyed and created and rewritten. She was able to hear the TARDIS's song in her head that day and now it was always playing faintly in the back of her head. She knew from knowledge she had gotten from the TARDIS consciousness that this is what the Doctor felt, the Doctor could see. But it was amplified, stronger.

Because you are special, Rose Tyler. You are a Time Lady, and you are Bad Wolf. You have created yourself and you can destroy yourself. You can rip through time if you wanted to. Only you have the power to save them all, Rose Marion Tyler.

Rose jolted at the sound of the TARDIS's voice in her head. Even now, even here in a parallel universe she could still hear her. It was comforting but it was also terribly sad. Rose missed that beautiful blue ship that had become her friend and her home over the years.

The words though, they troubled her. What did it mean, she was the only one with the power to save them all? Save who? From what? She directed her questions at the warm spot in the back of her mind that was her bond with the TARDIS.

I cannot tell you, Wolf. I can only say I have seen the future and he will need you. This is one timeline he will want to alter but cannot. We are heading to a fixed point, Wolf, and no one can stop it.

Rose shuddered at the ominous words but knew the TARDIS wouldn't willingly keep information from her. They were almost one and the same now and she gave Rose access to most of her knowledge.

If what she said was true, though, it meant she would one day see the Doctor again.

Rose looked down at the ultrasound picture in her hands and smiled. That was her son, the Doctor's son. She wished she could tell him that their baby was a boy. She knew he would be immensely happy.

Maybe she could one day. Maybe Torchwood could get the dimension cannon working and she could go home. Or maybe she could just rip the universe open herself and go home. It wasn't something she consciously knew she could do, but it was there all the same. A Bad Wolf power, perhaps.

The picture was set aside in favour of picking up her teacup. Rose sighed and took a sip of the warm liquid. She was knackered but couldn't bring herself to go to her room and sleep. Her dreams were haunted by visions of the Doctor's face right before her dad saved her, horrors of the Doctor leaving her, and nightmares of losing her child, the last thing she had of him.

And then there were the more realistic visions, ones that didn't feel so much like dreams.

Possible futures, a voice in the back of her mind whispered. This voice was new, it wasn't the TARDIS but it wasn't not the TARDIS either. This new voice was Bad Wolf.

It was the same voice she had spoken in during the game station, and it had recently come back. She surfaced when she was needed, or if Rose needed to know something.

And if those dreams were possible futures... god help them all.

The things she had seen, the things she had done, they were not pleasant in the slightest.