The other two sigh in relief but I knew better. "In a Chinese Folktale" Noah adds in frustration and I nod, knowing where the conversation was going. "Guys, this is...This is insane. I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this." Noah starts saying but my focus turns elsewhere as I hear a roar.

I look over confused and see Scott staring at something in the distance I look that way and see Scott holding a young terrified Malia while he roared at us holding his claws up in the air, ready to attack her. My eyes widen at the scene but my attention gets brought back to Noah as I hear him calling our names.

"Scott? Madi? Guys!" He says. "Sorry." Scott apologizes in a shaky voice. He glances back at where we were just looking and I do as well. We see no one there and I realize it's just another hallucination. "What did you say?" Scott asks him. We hear another cop car pull up to the scene behind us. "Oh, hell" Noah mutters. We all look over and find Mr. Tate and Scott's father walking towards us. Scott looks down with a sigh when he notices his father.

"Mr. Tate." Noah greets with a nod. Mr. Tate carefully takes the blanket that was in Noah's hand and looks it over. "Mr. Tate?" Scott's dad, Rafael asks. "It's hers." He says sadly. "All right, wait here." Rafael tells him, starting to walk towards the den. "Dad." Scott quickly says, trying to stop him. "I'll talk to you in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods this late." Rafael tells him before walking off as Noah follows him in anger. "What an asshole" I mumble as I watch after them.

~~~

Allison, Scott, Stiles and I stand in the corner of our History classroom, talking about what we found last night. "Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails." Stiles explains, pointing at the spot he marked on the map on his tablet. "Well that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails. But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves." Allison says, looking between Scott and I and I nod, remembering that's exactly what I told the other two last night.

"And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes." Allison explains. "Coyotes tip-toe?" Stiles asks curiously. "They tip-toe" Allison nods, rolling her eyes at his question. The bell rings signaling class is about to start. "I got to go, but send me the pinned location." Allison tells us "Okay" Scott agrees as she walks off, leaving the class.

We all walk towards our seats, getting ready for class. I take a seat behind Stiles and notice the one girl, Kira, headed right for Scott. "Hi. I'm Kira. You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you that again. Anyway, I have something for you." She rambles, taking off her book bag to get something out of it. "For me?" Scott asks confused as I smirk at the two. "Yeah. About the bardo. My explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it our for you." Kira explains as she digs through her book bag.

Scott chuckles as he rubs the back of his neck. "Ah, you didn't have to do that." He says. "It only took a couple of hours." She tries to reassure him. "Wow. Then you really didn't have to do that." He says as he stares at her in shock. "I swear I printed it out." She sighs as she can't find what she's looking for. "Kira." Mr. Yukimura yells, walking towards her. She turns around and looks at him. "You forgot all the research you did for that boy you like." he says, holding out a large packet towards her.

My eyes widen as well as my smirk when he says that. I chuckle to myself when I notice the look of shock plastered on Scott's face and the embarrassment on Kira's. If Derek was a teacher and he ever did that to me, I would have knocked him into next week. She takes the packet from him and he smiles obliviously at both her and Scott. She rolls her eyes in annoyance at her father as he walks away and slowly turns to look at Scott.

She doesn't dare look at him as she hands him the packet she printed out. He smiles down at her and she glances up putting a small smile on her face. She awkwardly takes her seat and puts her head in her hands as Scott takes his seat right beside me. I give him a wink and he rolls his eyes at me. "All right, everyone. Let's get started. We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail..." Mr. Yukimura starts off as I notice Scott flipping through the packet Kira gave him.

"Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?" Mr. Yukimura asks, bringing a text book over and setting it on the podium. He look around the room before his eyes land on Stiles. "Mr. Stilinski, how about you?" He asks and my eyes widen. "Oh, uh, m-maybe someone else could." He stutters nervously. "Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski." Mr. Yukimura tells him.

"W-wait! I'll do it." I quickly volunteer, raising my hand. Stiles freezes and looks at me in shock but appreciation. "Okay, thank you Ms. Hale" He smiles and I nod standing up. I walk up to the podium and look down at the textbook. I clear my throat getting ready to read when I notice my vision starting to get blurry. I furrow my eyebrows at the textbook, gripping the sides of the podium. I watch in terror as the letters start falling off of the page.

My breathing starts getting heavier and my vision goes all wonky as I realize this was one of Stiles' effects. It was affecting me. It gets harder to breathe as the letters continue to fall off the page. I slowly look up and see everyone staring at me expectantly but I could hardly see them. I start to have trouble standing as I hear voices calling out to me. "Madi? You okay?" Scott calls out as him and Stiles both stand up.

I have to catch myself with the podium in order not to fall as it just gets harder to breathe. Stiles and Scott quickly rush over to me as Stiles gets a glimpse of the textbook I had just been staring at. His eyes lock on to it and I notice him start to panic over it as well. "We should take her to the nurse's office" Scott tells Mr. Yukimura as I feel myself shifting.

Scott helps me out of the classroom with Stiles right behind us. Scott stops and looks back at Stiles in worry. "Stiles? You okay?" He asks. He catches Stiles before Stiles can drop and leads us both to the boy's locker room. Stiles stumbles around in the locker room, pacing around as I clutch on to Scott, trying to breathe. "Hey, guys, look at me. Is this a panic attack?" Scott asks but I could hardly even grasp on to what was going on.

I drop to the floor as Stiles rushes towards the mirror, gripping onto the edges of the sink. "It's a dream, it's a dream. This is just a dream." Stiles starts telling himself. "Then wake up" I wheeze. "No, it's not. This is real. You're here. You're here with me." Scott tells us. We don't listen to him as I clutch my head, trying to calm myself down because I was shifting. I could feel my canines coming out. "Okay, ummm, Stiles what do you do? I mean, like, how do you tell if you're awake or dreaming?" Scott starts asking.

"Your fingers...You count your fingers. You have extra fingers in dreams." Stiles manages to get out. "Guys, how many do I have? Hey! Look at me. Come on, guys. Look at my hands and count with me." Scott tells us. I look up at him as I continue to try and breathe. He holds up his index finger looking between both of us. "One..." Stiles says. Scott looks at me expectantly. "One..." I say. He holds up another one. "Two." Stiles says. "Two" I repeat.

Stiles stops counting as he holds up another one. "Three" I answer. "Keep going." He tells Stiles. "Three" Stiles says. He holds up another one as I start to feel myself calm down. "Four" We both say. "Five" Scott tells us, holding up his thumb. I look down again as Stiles answers. "Six" Stiles says. "Come on, Madi" Scott tells me. "Six" I nod. He holds up another one. "Seven." We both say. "Eight." Scott answers for us. "Nine" Stiles says. "Nine" I breathe. He holds up another finger. "Ten" We both say. We both look between his hands, trying to see if there's an extra finger or not.

"Ten." Scott nods, reassuring us there was no extra one. I feel myself shift back to normal and lay flat on my back, trying to catch my breath as my breathing goes back to normal. Stiles falls to the floor as well as Scott gets down looking us over worriedly. "What the hell is happening to me?" Stiles asks. "We'll figure it out. You're going to be okay." Scott asures him.

"Am I? Are you? Scott, you can't transform. Allison's being haunted by her dead aunt. And I'm straight up losing my mind. Not to mention Madi is going through the same thing all three of us are. We can't do this. We can't...We can't help Malia. We can't help anyone" Stiles sighs sadly.

Scott sits down as well as he thinks about what Stiles just said. "We can try. We can always try." Scott tells him and I sit up nodding in agreement. I pat them both on the shoulder giving them a smile. "We'll get through this. We always do" I tell them and they both nod.