[Closed] October 10, 2014 - Halloween Contest

All Hallows' Eve approaches! To celebrate this spooky season, Wattpad is hosting a Halloween-inspired Contest.

What Do I Write About?

The theme of this contest is Halloween, so we are asking Wattpadders to write a short fangfiction story or a series of oneshots wherein characters must partake in traditional Halloween activities, such as trick-or-treating, attending a costume party, visiting a haunted house, carving pumpkins, and the like. All fandoms are welcome, but please stick to one. Stories should be no more than 10,000 words.

If you need some ideas, feel free to use any of the following prompts to inform or direct your story (NOTE: you don't have to use these by any means):

One: write a chapter in which a character bobs for apples.

Two: write a chapter that takes place in graveyard.

Three: write a chapter in which a character smashes someone else's pumpkins.

Four: write a chapter in which a character attempts to scare someone.

Five: write a chapter where a black cat crosses a character's path.

Six: write a chapter where a character mistakes someone's identity as a result of their costume.

Seven: write a chapter in which a character eats too much candy.

Eight: write a chapter in which a character fails miserably at pumpkin carving.

Nine: write a chapter in which a character deals with the aftermath of Devil's Night pranks.

Ten: write a chapter in which a character tells a scary story.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Keep your content appropriate for all Wattpadders to enjoy (G, PG, or PG-13).

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a NEW story and tag your submission with "fanficfriday" and "halloween." The deadline for submissions is Thursday October 23rd at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you indicate the fandom you are writing about in brackets (i.e., [The Vampire Diaries]). You can submit one (1) story or oneshot collection for this contest.

Dates & Judges

The contest will run for two weeks, starting today, Friday October 10th and ending Thursday October 23rd at 11:59 EST. The Wattpad Team will choose ten (10) winners, and we will announce them on Halloween - Friday October 31st.

To celebrate our favorite entries, the winners of the Halloween Contest will receive a shoutout from the Fanfic profile, have their story added to an appropriately-themed reading list, and be mentioned on our social media channels.

Happy writing and Happy Halloween, fanghouls and boys!

This contest is now closed. Check out the winners, here. Stay tuned for more writing challenges!