||Chapter 6||

KAIRA'S POV

It was a Sunday morning. Dad was supposed to take me to the park. So, I quickly got up from the bed, brushed my teeth and changed into some casuals. I hurried downstairs looking for dad. He wasn't in the kitchen, neither in the living room and nor out in the garden.

I went to my mom and dad's bedroom and found dad packing his suitcase. His wardrobe was empty, even his shoe rack.

"Where are you going daddy?", I asked him.

He turned towards me sharply. He looked at me and sighed then he started coming towards me and sat in front of me.

"I'm leaving honey", he replied.

"But why?!", I completely protested.

"I've got a new house", Dad replied.

"Kartik...why don't-", Mom entered but as soon as she saw me, she became silent and stood by the door.

I looked back at dad.

"So why are only you going? What about us?", I asked him.

"You know about this Kaira. I can't stay here. You're gonna live here with your mom. You can't come along with me", Dad explained calmly.

Tears started rolling down my eyes and I hugged dad tightly. I never wanted him to leave me, but he is leaving. Dad reciprocated the hug tightly.

"I'm sorry baby", he muttered under his breath.

"I'm so sorry", he continued.

Dad released the hug and stood up.

"I need to leave", Dad said looking at mom.

I looked at mom to find her eyes filled with tears. And she trying her best to prevent them from rolling down her cheek.

I looked at mom and dad and ran away from there.

"Kaira", Mom called from behind but I didn't stop.

I entered my bedroom and locked the door from inside, throwing myself on the bed and crying my heart out.

That was the day since I last saw dad. It's been one month and I haven't seen him. He invited us to his wedding but we didn't go. I talk to him on phone but he's too busy to finish our talks. He always cuts the calls in the middle of our conversations.

Today, Dad and Veronica, dad's new wife(it's pathetic to say that) have invited us for dinner. And guess what, we are going. Dad wanted to meet me badly (and I wanted the same), so we are going. My mom is in no mood to go but because of me she has to.

Sorry mom!

"Are you ready Kaira?", Mom asked me knocking on my door.

"Yes mom", I said as I looked myself for the last time in the mirror and walked out.

---------------------------

We were on our way to dad's place that mom stopped the car near a gift shop.

"Why did you stop here mom?", I asked her.

"We'll just buy a bouquet for your dad and Veronica. We are going there for the first time. It's good manners", Mom said as she pinched my nose. I giggled.