#8 : With you

Jennie's POV

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You can't hide that you at least find her attractive." Nayeon stated. We're actually now at Lisa's party.

"I actually admit that I like her, Y/n knows that already. Doesn't mean anything is going to happen." Nayeon continued as she sighed. Not wanting to pry, I let it go.

"We should head back." I suggested. Standing up, Nayeon grips my hand and pulls me up forcefully. I groaned, rubbing where she gripped.

"Jeez, you almost took my arm off." I frowned. Rolling her eyes, she chuckled.

"Sorry about that."

We walked back to the party, teasing each other. It's almost like we've been friends forever. When in reality, this is my first time having a conversation with her.

The only ones we see at the table bar is Dahyun.

"Where's Rosé?" I asked concerned. She shrugged, too drunk to even stand up straight. Nayeon squeezed my shoulder in comfort.

"I will go look for her." She told us. I stand away from all the dancing and stumbling to avoid being hit. Lisa seems to be having fun, her hands all over Y/n. I tear my gaze away, checking my phone relieved to see that Rosé went to the restroom.

Feeling like a fourth wheel with the three pairs around me is how my night goes.

•••

I got the job easily, it felt a little too easy. Y/n did warn me about that. The manager called me and we scheduled to meet and train. Once again, it was way too simple. I get the responsibility of unpacking and organizing new inventory.

Meanwhile, Y/n worked as the cash register and helps with her knowledge on surfing. We both work from eight in the morning until two. Getting a break for half an hour at noon. Currently, we're on our lunch break.

"Jennie, so what do you think?" Y/n asked, across from me facing the store. "It's good." I said with a smile. She agreed with a nod. "It's not bad, right hm."

•••

They talk about usual girl things. I definitely feel left out when they discuss about love. The only one I've ever loved, got me pregnant which I'm not ready to talk about so I stayed quiet.

Except that Lisa, includes me in every conversation, seeing my discomfort very clearly.

"Anyone special, Jennie?" She blinked, arching a perfect brow. I stopped fidgeting with the pillow on my lap, lifting my head to look at her.

"Nope." I answered uncomfortably. She tilts her head, Rosé giving me a concerned look.

"No? There isn't anyone you're interested in?" Lisa pressed.

"No, Lisa, I'm not interested in anyone." If I tell her that I totally interested in Y/n, she would be shock, and maybe mad at me because I knew she's really try hard to win Y/n's heart. Uh.

She smiled cockily, my reaction is exactly what she wanted.

"Okay, great." She lifted her hands up.

I feel irritated because that wasn't the only time she pressed me for answers. Dahyun finally told her to stop annoying me. I hid my laugh, giving her a thankful smile.

They finally leave and it feels like I can breathe again. Lisa is surely not always like this, it must drain her being that persistent.

Rosé looks at me. "Remind me to never invite her again." She said seriously.

•••

The Fourth of July is a huge deal to my family. It's almost like the last day that everyone can hang out before being busy with work and school.

Things have definitely changed this year so I decided to not go. My parents both invited me which surprised me. They're still adjusting to being involved in my life and vice versa. My decision to stay alone in the apartment is due to my lovely sister. This is her opportunity to say something to me and embarrass me in front of our friends and family. To avoid causing a mess, I'll just opt out of going together.

I sit at the counter with a cup of coffee in my hands. Rosé ran around trying to get everything last minute before she drives to see her family.

So, I put all my courageous to ask Y/n out.

Unbelievable, she agreed. Yes!

•••

"You look down when you're lying."

My cheeks heat up. "How d-"

Y/n gives me a look before tearing her eyes away from me. "Your nose also twitches when you're annoyed. I noticed the other day when Lisa was questioned you." She said.

Pressing my lips together, I questioned her. "What do I do when I'm happy?" I asked sarcastically. Her lips turn up at the corners.

"Aye, your eyes twinkle."

I push her slightly, standing up to throw away the trash. "You are very observant."

She joins me, tossing the bottles away. I learned a lot about her. One, that she's very outdoorsy and a people's person.

Two, not to show any emotion because she notices even the smallest things. So, I can't be too obvious when I'm with her or she would know my feelings towards her.

"Thank you for not letting me bore to death."

With a pretty smile, she slips her shoes on.

"Anytime, baby." She chuckled, I blushed.

"I'll see you at work."

Standing at the door, I smiled. "Bye, the very flirty Y/n."

I text Rosé and thank her for worrying about me. Feeling grateful for them for even caring. When my parents ask, what I did, I answer with a short response.

My day didn't completely go to waste, I enjoyed it with Y/n.

I Love You ; Jennie Kimजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें