fourteen - i'll miss you

Start from the beginning

I furrowed my eyebrows but listened.

"Hazel there's something you're not telling me, and Nat told me what you told her."

I sighed, classic Nat. I'm not surprised but I guess I need to tell him, the whole story.

"So she told you everything?" I crossed my arms. He sat down on another chair and nodded.

"I basically told her almost the truth...well I was a weak and young girl who had barely any ways to fight back. Peggy used to take me to this gym like place. I learned how to punch properly but that's about it."

He didn't speak, but he was listening.

"Well I woke up in a hydra facility, In Siberia. I don't remember where it exactly is."

I took a second. Remembering the information about Phillip that I've learned this past week. "Phillip, who my mo..birth mother married was with hydra the whole time."

My voice got softer. "I don't know the whole thing but..Pierce said she was protecting me...the whole time." My voice then started breaking.

"How can someone who hurt you mentally and physically be protecting you?"

Dad stood up and pulled me into a hug. "Hazel, I don't have the answers, but someone does."

After all this time of holding in all my anger and sadness. The only person who I have cried in front of since New York was my dad.

He could feel me shaking in his arms. He kissed the top of my head, trying to make me calm down.

"And Bucky..." I closed my eyes. "He threw me into the Icy water."

I expected him to pull away and get angry but he continued to hold me, staying completely silent.

"I'm sorry that I lied, I didn't want to hurt you." I whispered.

He hushed me. "Bucky couldn't help it, and you're still alive and safe." He kneeled to my level.

"You're safe with me, I promise."

                               •   •   •

I held my small bag in my left hand. We walked down the stairs to leave the hospital. We skipped out on the elevator and I understand why.

Right before we opened the door to the outside one of the security guards stopped us. "Captain, There's a crowd of people outside." He informed us.

I took a breath. I hate crowds, and cameras, basically anything that could harm me.

"Sir, we'll take you home. Your bike is waiting there." Three more security guards came near us. Is it really that bad?

Dad looked out the door. "Okay Hazel we'll be fine but shield your eyes." He put his arm around my shoulder.

One of the guards opened the door. I heard shouting all around me.

"Captain America!"

"Is that your daughter?"

"Hazel can you answer some questions!"

"What was New York like?"

"Hazel how did you wake up in this time?"

I covered my ears. People were yelling and cameras were flashing.

I hate every second of this.

Soon enough I got in the car, all I want is to be home. Even if it's not safe anymore.

• • •