Dreaming Of You

(Trey)

"Daddy are you okay"?

I blinked focusing on Jenesa sitting beside me with Zamora In her arms.

Jenesa leaned forward and motioned for me to come closer. She lowered her voice. "Mama is going to be okay, Daddy" she smiled at me.

I almost lost it. Blinking back tears as I swallowed a sob. "H...How do you know" I asked her.

"God. He said that mama is going to a special place to get better" she said brightly.

"Did he say if she was coming back" I asked believing her story.

I watched her frown "He said it was up to mama if she wanted to come back or not".

It had been three months since it happened. Every time I close my eyes I see it in my mind like it was yesterday. Seeing her body crumple to the floor like a rag doll in a pool of her blood, made my stomach churn. The medics had rushed her to the hospital and removed the bullet but she never woke up. The baby had to be removed from her but she is perfectly fine. And Lighter.

Since Jason signed the birth certificates The court had given guardianship Erica's parents but they let Them live with me

Since Jason signed the birth certificates The court had given guardianship Erica's parents but they let Them live with me. I think I made a good Dad.

"Well I hope she chooses the right decision." I said tryna keep my tears at bay.

"She will." She said Looking down at Zamora. "I just hope she wakes up soon. I miss her."

"She will" I whispered sitting up and taking Zamora out of her arms.

"My birthday is coming up and I don't want her to miss it" she whispered.

Wanting her to get out this emotional state. I smiled at her. "Ah yes , the big 17" I smiled "What do you want"?

"I want mama to wake up so we all came be a family" she smiled and got up. "I'm gonna go check on the twins.

Then she left.

Please wake up soon Erica. Please.

~(Sunday morning)

As I went to make mora bottles. I was met with Abgail, Kimmie, Niecey and Tess. They all looked at me.

"What is it" I asked

"Are you taking the kids to the hospital tonight" Niecey asked.

"No we..." I shaking my head feeling tears form in my eyes. "were there the other day I don't want them to be exposed to the situation more than they has to be." I held the sink harder "I want them to have as many normal days as possible" I said

Kimmie nodded "We were going to head over for a couple hours".

"Thanks I'm sure Erica would like that" I sighed thinking of her again.