Chapter 31: Gildarts

Start from the beginning

The figure approached the guild hall.

(Y/n): HE'S HERE!

He stopped in the doorway and looked around in confusion. We walked further into the guild hall and continued to look around.

Mira: welcome home.

He turned to Mirajane and looked at her like he didn't know who she was.

Gildarts: sorry to bother you, miss, but I'm looking for a guild that used to be around these parts called Fairy Tail.

Mira: this is it. Remember me? Mirajane.

He looked at her surprised.

Gildarts: huh, MIRA?! Wow, you sure have grown up a lot little girl, and did you change some stuff around the hall too?

(Y/n): HEY GILDARTS!

He turned, saw me, and smiled.

Gildarts: well, if it isn't (y/n). How ya been?

(Y/n): trying to get stronger everyday.

Gildarts: still a hard worker as always.

I lifted my right arm up.

(Y/n): you and me, right now!

Gildarts: fine, but just once.

He walked over and we clasped our hands together, slamming our arms on the table in front of us.

Gildarts: 720 times. If I recall correctly, and I do, I've beat you 361 of them.

(Y/n): you must've lost your mind. I've won 361 times.

Lucy: um, what are they doing?

Erza: the last time they had a real fight 3 islands disappeared, so in order to prevent that from happening again they've resorted to arm wrestling.

Lucy: 3 ISLANDS?!

Mira: yep. On their own they're pretty powerful, but together they can probably destroy a small country.

Lucy: WHAT?!

As me and Gildarts were arm wrestling, we got so into it that the table below us gave way and broke into peices. Causing us to stumble forwards and let go.

(Y/n): haha, it's good to see you again, old timer.

Gildarts: you too, (y/n).

Makarov: Gildarts.

Gildarts: oh, master your looking well.

Makarov: how'd the job go?

Gildarts: ...no good, way too much for me.

Makarov: I see, the job was too tough.

Gildarts: forgive me for bringing shame to the guild.

Makarov: no, you've only brought yourself back in 1 piece, that's no small feet in itself. As far as I know your the only 1 to make the journey home alive.

Gildarts: thanks boss. Now I should be getting home. Oh, Natsu, (y/n), stop by later, I brought something back for you guy.

Me and Natsu looked at each other and smiled as Gildarts left by blowing a huge hole in the wall.

(Y/n): I wonder what it could be.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) and chibi Natsu walking Gildarts' house

Natsu: so what do you think old Gildarts has for us?

(Y/n): no idea.

Natsu: man it's good to have him back.