Chapter 2

I wake up in a fluster as i look over to my window and see bright sunlight flooding into the room. Either it's a really, really sunny day or its about 12 o'clock which means i have about half an hour to get ready. Slowly ease my self up and realise i did fall asleep on my bed, so I have a very sore neck. I turned my head to get some blood flow back to that part of the body but i am sure i will look as pale as i did yesterday.

I looked at my clock, "shit!"

I had 20 minutes to get my act together, pack and look presentable. Yeh, like that was gonna happen!

I walked across my room and open the door to my ensuit bathroom and took the quickest shower ever. I must have been in and out in all of 2 minutes. Once I had really quickly dried my hair and straightened it i felt much better. I went over to my mirror and was horrified by the ghost that was standing infront of me. I was as pale as anything with big black and purple bags that drooped what looked like halfway done my face. Despite all of this i only put on some light make up, moisturiser, mascara and a thin layer of eyeliner. I ran back into my bathroom and scooped up all the necessary toiletries that i would need for my two week trip to California.

I decided that i wanted to be casual and comfy on the plane, so I decided to wear baggy grey sweatpants and a grey penstate hoodie that i was given this year by all my class. Finally I went through my entire wardrobe and chest of drawer in a matter of seconds and flung all the clothes on the floor next to my large holder that would carry them all. After shaving them all and and throwing it down the straits, nearly hitting the wall, i was ready.

I ran back up stairs to grab my iPhone from the charger and stuffed it into another bag that i would take on the plane with me, along with my travel pillow, sunglasses, snacks, cleanser and a bottle of water.

I heard a ring at the door and some over excited girls, who turned out to be my friends. Surprising that. Opened the door to see all my friends giggling and laughing. I am going with three friends: Lauren - the loud and always cheerful one, Lexi - the man magnet and Sydney - the one you could tell anything to. I love them all so much but sometime i wish they could calm the fuck down.

"You all ready to go then Mads?" Lexi asked in her excitable tone

"I guess so."

But before i even had a chance to step a foot outside the house my mother stepped up from behind me, grabbed my shoulder, spun me around and did what every teenager dreads their whole life. The "talk".

"Now Maddy", my mother started," I want you to have a good time on this trip but there are certain things that we need to talk about before you go."

"Mum! I am going to miss my flight if you talk to me at this pace, hurry up!"

"Calm down Maddy you have plenty of time. Now, you are going to be with your friends a lot on this trip but i need you to be aware of boy and your safety. I am sure you are aware of what I am talking about but in case you don't i hope you have protection with you, just in case. That goes for you too girls, remember to be safe!"

All my friends looked at me in astonishment, jaws practically on the floor that was until we all burst out laughing.

"Bye mum" I said trying not to laugh but failing miserably. I gave her a kiss in the cheek before leaving the house and shutting the door behind me.

As i was walking down the path and sat in the front seat of Lauren red mini car, i realised I had barely seen my friends all summer.

"So how's all your summers been so far."

"Well, about a week after we broke up from school i broke up with Dean because i caught him cheating on me with another girl which was like totally awkward!" Lexi said.