Chapter Two

I open the door and my father has a huge grin on his face snapping his head towards me.

"How did it gooooo", he dragged the word go on like it was normal as clear ice for him to say.

"It went as boring as you said it would dad".

I grabbed an apple off the counter where my dad now had a lay out of paperwork. I try to get a look over his shoulders but he stands straight and says just some left over contacts. I take a big bite of my apple making the eyes at mom about how he works even when there is no need.

My mother roles her eyes and walks up to him then grabs his shoulders .I walk out of the room and  up the stairs to my new office. Soon I sit down in my spinning chair and think about Gabe with the paper boat hat on and giggle. I look over at the portrait of my grandfather Justin and think to myself if all ever find someone as strong as he was to be my mate.

I get to work with the bills and the requests to move to different packs as well as join are pack from other packs. The time passed so fast I didn't notice it was morning. I had worked all night.My eyes were sor and the pain in my back from my stumble yesterday was getting to me. I sort what work I had finished and walk down the hall to my room.

I look at my phone. Gabe had called last night,all check in with him later. I go ploop on my bed and get comfy. So soft, the sheets are so soft. Then I passed out feeling just the softness of the bed around me like a warm hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Morning little shit".

"mmm",I say rolling over blocking the sun shine with my pillow.

"Your supposed to spar with me today about an hour ago" Gabe says as he pulls the curtains open wider. In response I throw my only pillow and hit him in the chest and he doesn't flinch.

"There we spared and you won, now go away" , I mumbled as I moved the corner of my blanket as my new neck support. I heard Gabe chuckle and then pick up the pillow. He moved closer and with each step I knew this big man child had nothing good planned . 

"Bwhahahahahaha", I hear a big thump on the floor and Gabe is laughing so hard he hit the ground. 

"I can't",He says as he laughs even more. I just growl at his failed plan and my new found awake awareness. He soon gains his serious sense that fills the room and hits me with the pillow. I get up into a fighting stance.

"You just had to", I lower my leg and spin. Gabe jumps and laughs.

"And I thought I was having a bad hair day", he chuckles more at this and then gets into a fighting stance. He did it that time.

"Leave my hair out of this",I said as I ran into his stomach knocking the wind out of him. He hits the ground and then I wrap my arm around his neck putting him in a choke hold.

He taps out and I simply get up and walk to my bathroom but before I close my door.

"Kiss my ass",I kiss my hand then slap my ass. I hear his laugh threw the door and him swearing a rematch when my hair is less like a peacock showing its feathers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk out of the bath room and Gabe is no where to be seen. I had clothes already in the bathroom for sparing but he must have thought different. I head down the stairs noticing I had slept threw the whole day yesterday after my all nighter I pulled.I see my father watching a show with my mother as I head out the door towards the outdoor gym. It was far but I liked to run rather then taking my truck. The feeling of the ground below my feet and the freedom of having the choice made it the best part of getting my ass handed to me.