[ chap 24 ]

[ CHAPTER 24: FORGIVENESS ]

[ HEEJIN'S POINT OF VIEW ]

I laid on my bed while staring at the ceiling, thinking about the deal I had with Yiren. Why did I even agree anyways, I'm positive I wasn't thinking straight when I agreed. Now I'm thinking how am I gonna approach their bestfriend and not make things awkward for the both of us. And at least how to make myself calm while listening to his explanation or whatever he has to say.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my phone ring, I raised my head a bit to reach over for my phone. After seeing who it was, II swiped my finger to the answer button and placed my phone on my ear. "Hello?", I started.

"So.....", I heard her say before stopping midway, "You coming to the party?", she continued.

With furrowed eyebrows I sat up straight, "The what?", I asked her once again.

I heard her sigh, "The celebratory party for the basketball game of course", she answered me. I bit my lowed lip as I thought whether I should come or not, "So you coming to the party?", she repeated the question from earlier.

"I don't know, honestly", I sincerely answer the girl.

"Come on, it will be fun", she tried convincing me . She kept on pleading and pleading until she reminded me about our agreement which made me sigh in defeat.

I sighed deeply, "Fine", I whispered which made her squeal in happiness.

"Okay, but here's the thing", i heard her say.

"What is it?", I asked her while furrowing my eyebrows once more.

I heard Yiren chuckle, "I'm gonna come over at your dorm and I'll help you prepare for the party", she said which made me choke on my own saliva. "I'm gonna help you decide on what you'll wear and help you about your make-up and stuff as well", she continued.

I facepalmed myself before allowing me to fall back on my bed, "Is it really necessary to do that?", I asked while whining but gave her my address anyways.

I playfully rolled my eyes for nth time while the latter kept on checking my wardrobe. Minutes later she finally pulled out a simply black dress from my closet, "How's this?", she showed it to me while smiling.

I raised my eyebrow as I glanced up and down at the dress she presented, "Um, I don't like wearing dresses especially those ones", I informed her while judging the dress.

It's true though, I prefer wearing casual clothes such as t-shirts and jeans. I can't even remember when was the last time I wore a dress. But I do know that whenever Y/N and I will go on a date I would always wore a dress on formal dates. I sighed before ruffling my hair in frustration, I started regretting why I accepted the deal anyways, not to mention that I was so cocky and confident back then.

"Will Hwang Y/N be there?", I asked her while furrowing my eyebrows.

She then burst into laughter before scratching the back of her neck, "Everyone is invited so for sure they will be there as well. Besides, the basketball players are the reason why the celebratory party will be happening tonight anyways", she told me.

I could only nod in agreement at what she said, "Yeah I guess", I whispered under my breath.

"Here, change into the dress and I'll be back in 5 minutes to put make up on you", she walked over and handed me the simple black dress from earlier.

"Isn't this a bit too much?", I said with a confused expression while holding it.

She shook her head at me, "It's not, we're attending a formal party so we need to wear a dress and be formal and stuff", she informed me which made me gasped.

"Waitwhat? A formal party?", I repeated what she said with a shocked face.

She hummed and nodded at my question, "Yes, a formal party", she confirmed.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her, "So you mean this is not a regular party at the bar or something? Who hosted this party anyways, they must be so rich or something to host a formal party or such", I complained under my breath.

"It's someone from the senior year and I think his name might be Jungkook? Yeah, yeah I think it's Jungkook", she told me. She scratched the of her neck and nodded at the dress, "Just go and dress up, alright?", she simply told me before turning on her heel.

Yiren didn't even waited for me to answer and already headed out the door. I hopped off my bed and grabbed the simple black dress before making my way to the bathroom. I quickly changed into it before I completely back out of this so called party.

The simply black dress went past my mid thigh which made me pull it back down from time to time. Okay, maybe this is a bit too short for my liking. After I went out the bathroom, I glanced over at the shoe rack and decided to wear the black boots that first caught my eye. The latter came in the room again while holding out make up kits. I sighed in relief before sitting over at the tall stools, she didn't wasted any more seconds and started putting make up on me. 

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME