Chapter 3: The Past

It was 5 in the morning, as a routine Eight got up and cleaned himself and got to the living room. There he saw that Samantha was up a bit early today.

"*In his mind* That's weird." confused, Eight went to talk to her

Eight sat near the inkling, not knowing the he was there. He spoke up "Hey, Sam-"

"HOLY SHIOKARA!" Sam jumps out of her seat in shock

"A-Are you okay?"

Sam, now angry, got up "What the shell was that for!?"

"Just wanted to know if you're okay." Eight said with a concerned face

Sam looked at Eight and sighed "Yeah, I'm okay, it's just-" she sat down next to Eight "It's just that, I felt like I seen him before, before I met you."

"Who? Orion?" Said Eight.

Sam nodded as a response

Now wanting to know, Eight asked "Who is he? Your first crush?" Eight said jokingly

Sam hits Eight's shoulder "You know what I meant."

Sam looked up at the ceiling "Orion...where have I seen him before..."

The room was quiet, Sam's head was still drawing a blank

"Got anything yet?" Eight said, curious

Sam shooked her head

Eight sighed "If only we had some info about him like how Pearl found info on Marina."

Sam eyes lit up "Eight, you're a genius!"

Eight was confused but then realized "Wait, please don't tell me you're going to look into the Octarian data."

Sam laughed "No dummy, WE'RE going to look into the Octarian data."

"What are we gonna do? Ask Captain for the Octarian data of octolings and hope to find Orion's data info?"

"We might find yours also." Sam said with a grin

"You had me at find, let's go."

Eight and Sam went to Octo Canyon and saw Callie, Marie, Captain Cuttlefish, and DJ Octavio

Captain Cuttlefish greeted them "Oh hello Agent 3 and 8, what brings you here? Want some crabby cakes since you're visiting?"

Marie sighed "Gramps, I'm afraid Callie ate all of the crabby cakes, again."

Callie, with a mouth full of crabby cakes, lies to Marie "*Muffled* No, Octavio climbed out of his globe and ate all of the crabby cakes."

DJ Octavio yelled as an objection "I did not!"

Eight laughed at the funnyman of the Squidbeak Splatoon crew

Three cleared her throat "Captain, may I see the Octarian data of the Octolings. It's for a memory jogger."

Captain Cuttlefish nod his head "Hold on a moment, it may take me a little while to find it. Girls, some assistance please?"

Callie and Marie went to help their grandpa find the files, meanwhile the two agents are left with Octavio as company

"So, one of my people turned into a agent, huh? Cod, that song really did a number on all of you." Octavio said as he crosses his arms

Agent 3 got ticked off "I'll have you to know he was fine until you brainwashed all of the Octarians to do your bidding."

"It was for my people! Unlike you inklings, I'm actually responsible!"

"I kicked your ass once, and I will kick it again!"

Eight confronted the fight "Guys stop! It's all over now, why are you guys still fighting after 2 years away from each other!?"

"Even though it been 104 years since the war, I still hate you inklings for stealing our land and energy source!" He calms down and crosses his arms again "Why do you even want the files for the Octolings anyways? Seems pretty pointless to me to find that is mostly about random octolings that you don't even know."

"We're just here for an investigation." Eight said with an inspired expression on his face

"No Eight, we're here for info."

"Oh."

"Info? On who, Him?" Octavio then pointed at Eight

"No, we're looking for info of an different solider." Three said as she sat down on the couch "While we wait I might as well ask a few questions about them, if you know them that is."

"What's the point? It's not like I know all of my octoling soldiers." Octavio said with a humph

Three looked at him and sighed in irritation "Forget it, you probably don't know him then."

Octavio turned around "Him? We only have women in the army." He then muttered to himself "Unless, it's-"

The 3 squids came back with files of the Octarian data, "Here is the files you wanted." Captain Cuttlefish said as he and the squid sisters placed the files on a table

"Thanks Cap." Three said as she went to find the octoling soldiers file

Eight went to help find the file too "Hmmm, Octo Sniper, Octo Commander, Octo Slob-Ah ha! Octolings!" He then opened the file document and flipped through the pages

Three was surprised by the fact that all of the soldiers are females, except one, "Hey, stop here."

Eight stopped and they both read the page
—————————————————————

#$% Zuta

Gen 87 - elite Octarian(Whereabouts are unknown)

(Whereabouts are unknown)

Classified

Age 6: Enrolled in a elementary training program at Slimeskin Garrison.

Age 9: Took advanced courses. Graduated.

Age 10: Member of the Flooder design team (fully automated cleaning weapon).

Age 13: Joined the Octarian Offense Military. Specialized in offense, agility, endurance, and precision.

Age 16: Is entitled as the top of the Octarian Offense Military.

Same year: Went AWOL after coming audible hearing range of the Calamari Inkantation song by the New Squidbeak Splatoon. According to witness interviews, he left without hesitation.
—————————————————————

Three stared at the page and suddenly remembered when she first met him.

Authors note: Hey Guys! Sorry I have been slow recently, I been studying for finals, so I never really had enough time for this. Anyways, stay fresh~