He laced my fingers securely in the spaces in his, pulling me through the crowds of people outside the stores, ignoring each cry of "Hey Niall! THAT'S NIALL HORAN OMG. Is that Lauren? Why is Lauren crying?" 

The automatic doors of the front of the mall slid open, the cool air not even phazing me right now. I was too consumed in my thoughts and Niall leading me through the now crazed, growing crowds. 

"Just a little bit more, Paul's waiting around the side with a car," Niall said in my ear, and I nodded weakly in response, stumbling after him as another girl accidently ran into my side, shoving me sideways.

The rest few moments were a blur, either from the overwhelming situation, or the tears that contuiniously stung at my eyes. I couldn't tell, they both blurred together in my already confused and fearful mind state.

The next thing I remember was sliding into a dark car with heavily tinted windows, the door closing in the face of two or three girls that tried to climb in after us. Niall's arm draped over my shoulders, pulling me close to him, resting his chin on top of my head as the sobs shook through my body. His voice softly began singing Stereo Hearts in my ear as he rocked me back and forth, his hands rubbing soothing circles on my back.

My memory then blurred out completely as I felt myself drifting into a rather unwanted sleep.

~

I awoke with a start, the same repeating dream haunting my sleep again, the one involving those haunting hazel eyes getting dangerously close to my vision, before they vanished completely, leaving me in an eternal darkness. 

My hands braced behind my back as I bolted straight up, heaving, ragged breaths escaping from my chest as I hurriedly tried to calm myself down. Small beads of sweat suddenly felt cold as they trailed down my cheek and dropped onto the sheets below me.

Only as I began to calm down did I noticed I had been placed into a familiar bed, my clothes changed into simple gym shorts and a baggy green t-shirt with a small white shamrock plastered across the front. 

Then I noticed Niall sitting beside me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, tone heavy with worry, scooching over close but not touching me in any way. "Same dream? It's not real, love. You know that right? Nothing will ever hurt you or your horses."

"It's not that I'm fearful of what he would do to my horses, my friends and family, or me," I said in a choked voice. "It's the fear of when he will do it, and if he will do it."

"Come here," Niall ordered suddenly, opening his arms up to me, motioning for me to sit on his lap. I willingly placed myself in between his waiting arms, curling into his chest and breathing in his sweet scent. "You're safe right now. And so are the horses. That's what matters."

My eyes widened almost imediately. "Are you sure the horses okay? He could have went straight there after talking to me and took the horses. I didn't close the barn door when I left yesterday! He could have picked the locks on the stall doors. He could have broke down the wooden doors, they aren't the strongest things in the world. He-"

Niall cut me off with a quick and chaste kiss. "Will you be quiet for two moments, and stop wondering about what might happen when it hasn't even come close to happening yet? I called Louis, and he promised to check on them on their way home from the mall. All the horses are fine. He actually said Tango tried to snap at him when he went by, and then was all for Eleanor. Called her a bitch, if I recall."

I held in my snicker, relaxing immediately and leaning my cheek on his chest. "Wait, how long have I been out?"

"Er, like four hours. Maybe a little less," Niall said, rubbing the back of his neck and smiling sheepishly. "You look really cute when you sleep. I didn't want to wake you up. Plus, from that little crying breakdown at the mall, I really didn't think you wanted to talk to me anyway."

"FOUR HOURS," I almost yelled, but contained myself, simply turning around to gaze at Niall. "I don't care that you didn't wake me up, but remember next time, if I nap for more than two hours WAKE ME UP."

"Got it," Niall chuckled, placing his hand on the back of my head and pulling it back down for a tight hug, absently stroking tiny strands of my hair. "Now shush, and either go back to sleep. Or, you could tell me what is the big deal with Mr. Jerkface at the mall."

I gulped. "Well, I'm not going back to sleep, I'll already be up until four in the morning. So I guess I'll tell you the story."

"Should I get popcorn?" Niall asked, his eyes twinkling as I felt his chest vibrate with small fits of laughter.

"You might. This is a long story that have still yet to make sense of."

--------------------------------

here's an update.

with not much of a cliffhanger.

but.

I wrote this in a half hour

and I was proud.

but.

yeah.

bye.