Chapter Eighteen

"I want her home by ten o'clock, no exceptions," Fiona scolded, taking a step forward the glare up at Niall. Which looked really funny, because she is only around five two, a whole five to six inches shorter than him. Her stubby finger was centimeters away from poking his nose, her face twisted into a serious scowl.

"Woah no worries," Niall laughed, taking a step back from the little women who looked quite fierce despite her size. "But you know Fi, Lauren lives with me, whether you like that or not. So you won't really know.."

"Oh, I'll know," She said, narrowing her eyes again, and whipping out her finger to point just as quickly as she had dropped it. "I can sure send Louis or Harry over to check on you. Or I'll just go sit on the porch steps until you get there." 

 "You will not, you are not my mother," I muttered under my breath, folding my arms behind my back and looking down at the ground, hoping she hadn't heard me. But, of course, she did.

"Actually, your mother put me in charge of you while we came over here. But now that you are eighteen, she informed me that I can act as your mother, even if you don't have to do what I say. Not that you would anyway," Fiona started, but Niall broke her off, holding up his hand in her face.

"Calm, Fi, I'll have her back in plenty of time," Niall chuckled, reaching over and wrapping his hand around mine. "Way before ten. No need to gut, kill, or scare the shit out of anyone. Although, I'm sure Harry would love it if you called him." He winked in my general direction.

"He realizes she's like, twenty-six right? And he's still eighteen?" I snickered.

"Caroline Flack," Niall coughed into his arm, before grinning brightly at me. "Enough about Harry, c'mon let's go." He began tugging me out the door.

"Don't forget Horan! Ten o'clock! I'll be waiting!"

"Yeh, yeh," He said, smiling at me and waving his hand to dismiss Fiona's loud yells and demands, tugging me down the sidewalk toward his awaiting car.

"So, we aren't going to Nando's, which I presume is a fast food place, for this surprise date are we?" I questioned, slipping into the passenger seat as elegantly as I could whenever Niall held open the door for me.

 "Ha, no something a bit fancier. Actually, I rented out the restaurant," He shot me a happy look as he slammed the door behind me, stalking the other side and climbing into his own driver's side and pulling out from the curb.

"Is it food I will eat?" I asked, cocking my eyebrow. "You know what, scratch that, I will eat any food. And I'm starved. I haven't ate since lunch because you had Fiona take me out for like five hours, and then work on my hair and makeup for another two."

Niall laughed that loud and adorable laughter, glancing at me from the corner of his eye, keeping his other on the road intently as he turned down a few sharp cut streets. "I did that on purpose, so you didn't see me making plans and freaking out all day." He smiled adorablly, and I could tell his smile he paired with it was nervous.

"It sucked, and never do it again. Next time just lock me in my room," I said, poking his arm. "I never want to see that jumping combo she set up in the arena ever again. Not even kidding, we did it roughly around thrity times."

"But it kept your mind off things didn't it?" He asked seriously, slowing the car down and pulling to a stop in a parking lot. 

"It did.." I trailed off, looking out the darkly tinted windows toward were we where. The resuarant appeared to all be outside, except for a small building about the size of a concession stand at a sporting event, surrounding by multiple iron tables with little iron chairs surrounding those. Little candles were scattered around various tables, sending soft light flickering across the area that was quickly darkening from the sunset. Flowers vined along the iron rails that surrounded all the tails, sending bright colors of blue, purple, and red into sight.