2. the offer

****
Hey guys, just wanted to add something up here. The characters won't readily give away all the details about their personalities and their past as character development is very important for me.
Enjoy xx

****

"If you're not exploring life, if you aren't looking for yourself, if you're not finding many different things you love, what are you doing?"

"So, I'm not sure that I'm getting the picture quite clearly here. You came to Amsterdam with your girlfriend, then she cheated on you with her dealer?" I took a large sip from my grande soy misto. This was the one and only drink that I ordered at the Starbucks. I wasn't much of a wide perspective person when it comes to coffee (or any kind of food or drink, in fact I'd pour a cup of plain black coffee for myself every morning and I'd be ready to go.)

Lewis rolled his eyes and pouted. "You have to repeat that, don't you?"

"You look like a five year old," I teased, causing him to break off his adorable expression.

"Anyway," he said shrugging off the issue, which was probably a bit sensitive to discuss with a stranger. "Hey you know what, we should play a game. You know, just to kill time."

I tore my eyes off my paper coffee flask and glanced up at him. I couldn't help but wonder what would our odds have been if I were to meet him lets say, on a drunken night. "Sure, what kind of a game?"

There! The playful smirk was back on his lips as if it was his signature look and I could swear that his dark hazel eyes have just gotten a shade darker. "I'd say twenty one questions but apparently we don't have much time left."

"Five questions then?" I suggested, reaching out for his caramel frappucino. "Each. Is this okay?" I asked referring to the drink. By that point, my sanity was apparently off the table as I wasn't even feeling a subtle hint of hesitancy. His free and easy attitude was just taking my mind off the scorching feeling, which was burning deep inside of my chest. The feeling that I get, whenever I remember the bitter truth behind this whole journey...

He nodded then nodded again, putting me into a position where I was trying to hold back my lips from forming a smile. He was just so effortlessly cute. "That pause between my nods was an 'and' if you didn't get it."

"I did get it Lewis. You go first."

"Have you ever slept with someone?" He asked abruptly. Well, that was enough with cuteness anyway. His bewitching eyes were boring into mine with a wry expression, a crooked smile painting his lips. I felt a subtle feeling of hesitancy starting to flicker inside of my chest as I nibbled at my lower lip. I wasn't sure whether it was safe enough to be discussing these kind of below the belt issues with a total stranger.

I darted my eyes around us, studying our surroundings before speaking up. "Sure," I replied trying really hard to sound nonchalant as I shoved my uneasiness to the back of my mind. "You?"

"Sure," He mimicked me then winked. "Sorry Ayla, apparently it's my turn again since you've just asked your second question. Do you have a boyfriend?"

I drew in a sharp breath after his question, trying to prevent a disturbing knot from forming in my throat with the word, boyfriend. Realising that the more we would keep on chatting, the more it would get difficult for me to withhold the unpleasant personal information about myself from him. Maybe it wasn't entirely appropriate to discuss sexual issues with a stranger but yet again, I was never going to see him ever again and I'd definitely prefer talking over that stuff instead of revealing my private life to him.