Wounded-Edited

Liam's pov

His sobbing penetrates me, ringing in my head. That's the worst sound. A sound that should never come out of his mouth. I'm the reason he's sobbing. If I just had stayed, our son wouldn't have been taken. It's all my fault!

He's a mess. He sobs in our baby's blanket. All through the day and night his sobs penetrates the whole house.

He blames himself.

He shouldn't. I am the one that's suppose to protect them both. I failed them. What kind of mate and father am I? Am I a terrible one? Why did I leave them? Why was I so stupid to not think it was a distraction?

All these questions spears my mind. Swirling around. All them answered. I'm a terrible mate and father! My pack needed me or did they? It didn't cross my mind.

He should hate me! Yell at me! Throw things! But no. He sobs! All because of me. All my fault! It wounds me.

"Alpha Roberts do you agree?" Alpha Bentley of Crystal Lake ask me. His question brings me out of my thoughts.

I have the surrounding pack here to help me get my son back and kill the rogues. I didn't need their help but they asked and I agreed. The more the better.

Before I could answer, the door is open. Standing at the door is my heartbroken mate. His face and eyes are red and puffy from his sobbing. Fresh tears on his cheeks. His clothes are wrinkled and dried blood. He hasn't clothed from his clothes. For 2 days he's been like this. This is the first time he came out.

"Liam!" He whimpers running into my arms. He wraps his legs and arms around me like a monkey, not letting go. He wails in my neck.

"I want my baby!" He sobs breathlessly.

I pull his face from my neck. Looking him in the eyes. "I promise you, that I'll get our baby back."

He looks at me with so much trust. "I know you will." He hiccups.

He looks around the room seeing the 4 alphas at the table. "Hi."

"Hello David. I'm Alpha Bentley."

"Alpha Morrison."

"Alpha Gatewood."

"Alpha Nicolas." They introduce themselves. David smiles a watery smile before burying his face back into my neck.

"Are they helping with finding Dom?" He ask sniffling.

"Yes. We'll do everything in our power to get your son back. We promise you this." Alpha Nicolas responds.

"Thank you." He smiles a grateful smile.

"Mom can you watch over David?" I ask my mom through the pack link.

"Of course baby. I'll be there in a minute."

A minute later mom comes in the room. She picks up David causing him to squeal cutely. "Melissa"

"I'm sorry sweetie, but I'm taking care of you. Now we are going to get you a bath and something to eat. Then it's off to bed for you." She tells him in a gentle voice.

"You won't be helping in the bath will you?" David ask biting his lip.

"Yes I will."

Her words causes him to blush. "Um but you'll see my um... manly bits."

She smirks. "Oh please! It's not like I haven't seen one before!"

Blushing harder. "You haven't seen mine."

Mom rolls her eyes before carrying out of the room. My poor baby. At least he's not crying anymore. His saddness still chokes me though.

"You have an adorable mate Alpha Roberts." Alpha Morrison tells me. I smile at him.

"I know."