Chapter five

💟 Alana's POV 💟

"Come on idiot! Don't be such a bloody downer." He said, making another period joke again.

How the fuck even liked him in the first place is still a mystery to me.

I turn and start to walk away from him.

"Wait up!" He said running up to me and the pacing himself to me. "I'm sorry, ok? I'll stop! I'll even push you in the trolley."

I'd love to say that I had resisted well and walked away with my head held high but here I am, led in the trolley with my legs hanging over the edge.

"Ok I want... milkshake, strawberry and chocolate." I said looking up at Sam. Ive always been shorter than Sam but not this short and to be honest this angle was quite funny.

He looked down and caught me staring causing me to look away and blush.

"Hold on this is going to be a bumpy ride."

Without saying another word he took off in a sprint towards the sweet isle. Oh no, this isn't a good idea. Sam on a sugar high is not a Sam I want to be around.

I jumped out of the trolley at the first sight of Sam slowing down not like OMG how fast he was going already. Once I had stabled myself I looked at Sam only to see him half way down the third aisle. I ran after Sam to stop him in his tracks but I was too late. He had already got to the pick-n-mix and had a few.

Everyone has done that right?

Now only having a few may seem fine, when in reality it isn't, not for Sam. Even a few can make Sam hyper.

It felt like the longest 30 seconds of my life, everything was happening in slow motion.

"Come on Sam. I think we should leave. I think we both know what might happen." I say knowing he would know exactly what I meant.

Sam stopped and stared before turning and running but not before he took done a full shelf of tinned foods. Each of the tins clanged on the floor. Sam started to move away slowly, walking backwards. The combination of the sugar he had consumed, the fallen tins and him walking backwards had caused the whole wall of shelves to fall.

How? Well Sam had stepped straight onto a tin, slipped and fell into the wall and brought it down with him.

"Alana! We need to go, like now." Sam said whilst trying, keyword trying, to get up but only slipped on the tins more.

By this point a ring of shoppers had formed around us.

"For fuck sake Sam. All I wanted was a milkshake or two!" I hissed at him as I helped him up onto his feet, which wasn't the easiest thing due to his weight being the same as that of a hippos.

Sam threaded his fingers through mine and started to pave a way through the sea of shoppers so that we could make out get away.

Throughout this process I had a lot of elbows in the chest, my side and my stomach, which we absolutely love, not the sarcasm.

"Ok let's go get some milkshake!"

Sam ran toward the fridge/cold area forgetting what we had in gotten already in the trolley and the trolley itself.

"Come on, go faster!" He said dragging on my arm harder.

"Ok Sam, calm down. I got the milkshakes but not the rest. Now stay here I am going to ring blake to come and get us."

Now this may seem like a good and responsible idea, now it was responsible no doubt but joe smart. I had only turned my back for two seconds and he had already disappeared.

"Sam! Sam! Fuck sake! HURRY UP AMD ANSWER THE PHONE BLAKE!"

After a few more tolls of the dial tone blake had finally answered.

"He-"

"Blake, shut up. I've lost Sam in the shop we are in I'll text you the address, I need you to come and help me find him."

"How did you lose him?! He's not that hard to look after!"

"SUGAR! He had sugar, Blake. He went straight to the pick-n-mix before I could stop him" I said as I started to panic even more than I was before. Where was he and what was he doing?

My explanation seemed to halt Blake in his rant. He knew what Sam was like on sugar and therefore knew it wasn't my fault.

"Ok, calm down. " he said. I could hear the sound of a car engine starting in the background, " I'm on my way now. Just sit tight and I'll be there soon." Blake couldn't get here fast enough.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Welcome back to the (hopefully) funny and interesting life of Alana Matthews.

So this is the fifth chapter of the sequel I hope you really like it as I said in the last book vote comment and tell me what you thought.

If you make any covers or anything send them too sineadmeaden@outlook.com

This is not a lot but my motivation has not been great.

Also add this book to your library.
Lotta love,
Sinead
xxx