Chapter 6 • Forced Smiles and Fake Tans

Chapter 6// Forced Smiles and Fake Tans

"That's why her hair is so big. It's full of secrets." - Mean Girls

I'm too tired to edit... maybe later lol.... I warned you!!!

-------------

Jordan

The school bell rang and Lola and I hurried out into the halls, just as the other students, as if one more breath in the class would kill us.

"Where are you off to next?" Lola asks me.

"My social science class."

"Aw, I'm going to the English hall."

"Well, what do you know; we're all headed in the same direction. Why don't we walk together?" Justin piped in. Lola dramatically jumped at Justin's unexpected appearance.

"Holy! - could you not?" she exclaimed.

"Can I ... stop being drop dead gorgeous? No, not really."

"Wow, you're unbelievable." I rolled my eyes at him and his selfish comment.

His right arm slung over my shoulder, slightly knocking Lola over when he stepped between us. A scowl took over her face.

"Yes, in many ways my dear." His head turned and I could feel his eyes looking down at me. I glance up at him to see him wink. I rolled my shoulder back to remove his arm.

"Do you need something?" I cross my arms and speed up my pace as we make our way through the halls. Hopefully one of us is paying attention because I have no idea where we are headed.

"I have a couple things in mind." I cringe as he bites his lip. His chocolate brown eyes grew a shade darker as he stared intensely at me.

Its unbelievable how nervous this boy is making me. I wish he didn't have to be the way he was and act the way he did. It's not fair how the cute boys are always taken or turn out being jerks. I wish there could be just one decent looking guy out there with a nice personality.

"As do I! How would you like my shoe stuck up your a-" Lola says growing impatient.

"Lola..." I interrupted her.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," Justin said getting in Lola's face only for her to push him away and somehow that same arm ended up on my shoulder. "I was going to give you the address and tell you," he hands me a yellow sticky note, "to come prepared to dance." Then what he does next was entirely unexpected he kisses my cheek saying, "See ya, Tiger." before walking off.

A bright blush rises to my cheeks and Lola turns her head giving me a suspicious look. "What is he talking about?"

"Uhhh..." I look around and luckily spot my classroom. "Oh would you look at that it's my class!" I say before running off leaving behind a confused and angry Lola.

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

A loud growling sound emitted throughout the silent classroom as we took a pre-test. My eyes widened as heads of students immediately turned to look at me.

Oh crap! Don't panic! Remain Calm! Stop sweating and try to play it off cool.

I turned my head in the direction of the boy next to me - a very cute boy may I add - and furrowed my eyebrows. I brought my index finger to my lips and said "Sssh," he gave me a confused look then I continued, "Could you tell your stomach to shut up. I'm trying to take my test." The corner of the dark haired boys lips turned upward and a few people around chuckled.