Chapter 3

You lay in bed, thinking about the encounter with that new guy last afternoon.

"The name's Peter." He told you with a wide grin. Peter huh? "Well, is it okay if I call you Pete instead?" You don't know what's wrong with you but you're actually making a friendly conversation with him right now. So unprofessional. Pete smiles wider, "Hey, I think that's a great idea! All my close friends call me that, & you can be one too!" Again, he winks at you.

But this time, you let out a laugh instead of getting mad at him. "Sure thing, Pete. It's nice knowing you." "It's nice knowing you too! Hey, I have a greater idea. How about you and me go for a bite tomorrow? So we can get to know each other better!" This guy needs to chill a bit. But you did say yes anyway.

"Awesome! So we'll meet at that bistro just around the corner there, okay?" You nod at him, while he happily fist-bump the air. "I'll dress my best for you!" He told you before exiting your store. You can only chuckle at his  giddiness. Boy, that Pete guy sure is a charmer, and loves to flirt a lot too.

You smile to yourself as you thought about Pete. But then there's Mikey. Instantly your smile drop. Yeah, you haven't seen him around today. Usually he'll be by that same spot, waiting for you to come back from work. Hmm, maybe he just had some errands to run. He doesn't need to be there for you everyday anyway. You start closing your eyes, not before turning the bedside lamp off.

So the next day goes by like the usual. When it's closing time, you lock the store, and make your way back home. Unlike yesterday, today Mikey is there to greet you like always. "Hi Y/n!" He waves at you. "Hello Mikey." You stop by the lamppost where he usually is. Without warning, he gives you a hug. You're a bit surprised but like it nevertheless. "I miss you." He told you sheepishly. You let out a tiny chuckle, "Mikey, it's only been a day since last time we met." "I know." His smile is like sunshine that light up your day. (I know Mikey rarely smiles, but apparently I make him smile a lot in this fic :/) You return one back at him.

"So do you have plans tonight? Wanna go check this town out? Well, since you rarely go outside." You bite the inside of your cheek, "So sorry Mikey, but I already had a plan." Mikey quirk an eyebrow. "What plan?" "Well...yesterday, I met this guy," Hearing that gives Mikey a bit of heartache, then you continue, "& he's sweet..I mean, he's an okay guy," That's it, Mikey's heart shatters to pieces. "& we just wanna have dinner together to get to know each other more...in a friendly way, of course..." The whole time you were talking, Mikey struggles to keep that smile on his face.

You've tried your best not to make Mikey feels down or awkward. Even if you go out with Pete, so what? He hasn't said anything about getting together with you, despite how much you want to be with him. Meanwhile, Mikey feels like he just loses all hope. He never blame you, coz he knows that no other human being could love his 'kind'.

'Dammit, I should've listen to Gerard, and stay low.' He thought to himself.

"Mikey, you okay?" Your hand on his arm brought him back to reality. He looks at you, and smiles politely. "I'm happy for you." Hmm, that's not what you wanna hear from him. You secretly hope he would ask lots of question regarding your dinner with this new guy tonight. That shows how much he's concern bout you. But his reply just now, was disappointing.  Now it's your turn to feel down.

Then Mikey continues, "I hope you have a lovely dinner." You only lift your head a bit. "Thanks." You murmur. "I should get going now. You should be home soon too. It'll get dark." That was the exact same thing he told you on the first day you guys met. You miss him already. Is it going to end just like that between you two? You feel like crying.

The sound of his footsteps walking away finally makes you pay full attention to him. Sadly, his back's facing you, and he'll never see your sad face as you watch him go. "Hope to see you again, Mikey." You whisper to yourself, and decide to start walking back home again.

- Timeskip to dinnertime -

"& then I told Patrick, 'You're doing it wrong dude!'" Pete crack a stupid joke about his cousin he's currently staying with, and end it with a loud laugh. It may sounds dumb, but you can't help but to laugh at his lame joke as well. A good laughter is indeed what you need now. To wash away those sad feelings from earlier that evening.

You wipe your eyes, feeling a slight tear there from laughing too much. While you're doing so, Pete has stop laughing, and is looking at you with a content smile. "What?" You asked him, hand goes to grab your drink as you feel your throat dry from laughing. You both have now finished dinner, & are sitting around for a bit in one of the booths there.

"Oh, nothing. Just enjoying the view here. You look beautiful." You choke (I'm thinking of Dallon & Ryan, love them :D) on your drink. That was a bit cheesy. You playfully roll your eyes at him. "Oh, you." "You don't believe me??" He suddenly moves from his seat, which is opposite yours, to sit next to you. "Damn, you're even prettier from up close."

His eyes wander around your face, appreciating every detail of it. By this time, you're already blushing like hell, that you almost find it hard to breath. "You smell nice too." While minding your own business, you didn't notice Pete leaning closer towards you. As you feel his breath fanning over your neck, you assume he's trying to kiss you, so you quickly lean back, then put a hand in front of his face to stop him.

"I don't think it's time yet." He blinks twice for a moment, then put on a grin on his face. "Aww, I almost got it." You shake your head, then playfully push his face away. Pete chuckles at you, "C'mon, I'll walk you home. It's pretty dark outside." You look out the glass window, and agreed that it does look unsafe to be walking alone right now. "Alright, but no more funny business, promise?" He put both hands in surrender. "Promise." He gives you a wide smile as you laugh at his silly act.

You two then proceed out of the bistro, and start walking towards your house, unaware of whatever creature lurking out there.