• 001

• C A R I S S A •

You know what's sadder than Gus dying in TFIOS? The fact that my room was a burial ground for three hundred fifty-eight posters of supposedly hot boys that I didn't even know.

No lie. I counted (let's disregard the fact that I may have miscounted).

My twin sister somehow got the genes that all fangirls had (it had thankfully skipped me). Unfortunately, she also managed to get this gene that made her switch her taste at least once a month. That meant once a month, she would dump the posters of whatever former poor soul she had once idolized into my room.

Does my room look like a cemetery of lost souls (wait, would it be posters?) to you? Because apparently it does to my sister. Sighing, I grabbed the new, half-wrecked sheets and tossed them back into my closet. God, she should be thankful that I loved her. My closet was a wreck because of those. I had tried taping all the posters on top of one another once to organize them. Damn near killed my arms, too, and it ended up with the whole stack falling off the wall. Haven't tried anything with them since then. I should sue the tape company. Or the poster company. Or my sister.

I suppose the only good thing about the small house my sister, father, and I lived in was that there were four bedrooms, which ensured I wouldn't have to share a room with my boy-crazy sister.

Oh, how rude. I haven't introduced myself, have I? News flash. I really don't care.

I'm Carissa Gayle and aforementioned boy-crazy twin up there is Claire Gayle. We have unfortunately both inherited our mother's short stature, standing at 5'3". It was horrible; everyone towered over me. Even that one fat, bald gym teacher (oh, come on, we've all had someone like him). What else? I'm 18, almost a college freshman.

And one other minuscule detail. My whole family is involved in BDSM.

Except me.

Oh, not with each other, mind you. That would have been disgusting. But Dad ran a successful string of BDSM clubs and was often out on business meetings. No surprise, Mom had turned out as his submissive. Could be one of your typical cheesy Fifty Shades of Grey book. Assuming Christian and Ana fell in love. Never finished that crappy series. I've never quite gotten why anyone would willingly submit, but what do I know?

- - - - - - - -

Monday, June 16th, 2014

The last Monday of the school year was always a relief, knowing you wouldn't have to step back into that hellhole for another three months. The last Monday of high school in general was even better. Three months of joyous bliss, of freedom and late nights spent partying. I wasn't the most social person, mind you, but I had my fair share of friends. And who could resist parties full of eye candy and drunk idiots to make fun of? I myself never drank. Drunk people made rash decisions, and honestly, they were a bit scary to me.

Seeing as we got out on Wednesday, we didn't really do much. The day involved sitting around and watching 'educational videos'. Most people just sat around talking. Not that the teachers specifically minded; no one wanted to deal with bratty teens on the last few days of school. In fact, I was surprised people even bothered staying for the three days until summer break, myself included. I could just cut, but Dad would probably start yelling again. Importance of education or something. I had straight A's and was four years ahead, so I doubted attending the last three days of school would really matter.

"Hey Carissa, how are you doing?" purred a voice. I think it was supposed to be seductive, but with the morons in my school, who knew? Maybe some idiot had decided to try and imitate a car engine for the rest of the year. Glancing up from the movie that apparently taught about forces of motion we learned three years ago (why are we seniors watching Bill Nye, again?), I turned to Ashton Blaine Springer, the bane of my very existence. Fine, that's overdramatic. I didn't know him that well, but his last name seemed familiar and I had therefore steered clear of him. Like, what if he was related to my parents' business partners?

Blaine was in the very hot, very popular, very arrogant boy stereotype that seemed to be in every grade (I honestly feel bad for everyone who's suffered from people like him, which is, admittedly, most people). Girls swooned over him while boys either sulked away from him or sucked up to him. Alright, even I have to admit he's hot, with his dark hair and bronzed skin, not to mention those glimmering green eyes...

But that's not the point. His personality wasnt even close to being appealing, and although it's a cheesy line, it's what's on the inside that counts.

"What do you want, Blaine?" For whatever reason, he never allowed anyone to call him by his first name, preferring his middle name instead. Honestly, Blaine was an extremely weird name in my opinion, but I suppose it was alright. Like. Blake was sexy and attractive. Ashton, not so much. Ash? Even worse. Wasn't that the one guy from Pokingmans or whatever that Japanese anime was called? But I'm getting off track. Blaine was a weird name I had never heard of, but it was a lot better than Ashton.

"I want a lot of things. But we can start with, let's say, a date Friday?" The black-haired, green-eyed devil in front of me smirked. His voice was kept quiet enough that no one could overhear. After all, he knew that I wasn't exactly President of his fan club and probably didn't want his refusal broadcasted should I say so. All this really was quite sudden, and I was prepared to slap him. Big scenes weren't really my thing, but I would make an exception just for him. Still...

Was I really considering this? I might as well try it out, right? How sad was it that I had gone through middle school and high school without a single date or boyfriend? Ah, decisions.

Claire would kill me if I refused.

The school's entire population of females and gay males would kill me if I accepted.

It was neutral. Canceled out. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Unfortunately, that wasn't an option. Then again, there were more females and gay males than annoying twin sisters. But you'll have to put up with Claire for 24 hours a day, a pesky voice reminded me.

"What time are you picking me up?"

Either way, I was dead, but still. What was I doing?

- - - - - - - -

Good? Bad? Hate it? Love it? Please let me know what you think! This plot will take a little longer to get set up, by the way. I want a better, more developed book. Also, FiC is being deleted. I never want to see it again, it's horrible xD It's going down within a week, so if you want to catch a last glimpse of it, go now.

Finally, Cast! I've decided to do one for this book. Who do you want to cast for Claire/Carissa? And, of course, Blaine? I'm quite willing change appearances.

Remember to Vote, Comment, and Fan!

Oh, and how do you guys like my cover? Made it myself ^^

~ Forrest Wyntek, 2/2/15
~ Edited 7/2/15 for spelling errors and age (14 -> 18).