Chapter 8🚧

"Alexa!" A familiar voice yells from the distance. I try to sit up but I just end up hurting myself even more. I slide myself against a wall to an upright position. Suddenly a weight is put on my side and when I look Daniel is desperately trying to help my bloody mess.

"Daniel?" I question as he brings his red fingers away from me.

"Oh my god Alexa, What the fuck happened to you?" he says looking for the wound sight.

"That's not important," I say stringing back.

"Tell me now or back at the bus,"

"Daniel I can't go back I'm not the same," Daniel pauses from dabbing the two holes on the side of my neck with his sleeve for a second before continuing.

"What do you mean, what happened?"

"Daniel you won't believe me," I say as my eyes get glued to his and I can't look away.

"Tell me Lex," he states.

"I can't!" I yell back getting ticked off.

"Lex!" He yells making my confidence stubble.

"Please don't Danny," I cower.

"Your coming back with me because your bleeding and you can't stay here because we are leaving in the morning," he says getting up and ready to go.

"Danny I'm not supposed to be here," I whisper at him looking around for anyone.

"What do you mean?" He says a little loud to make me even more tense. 

"I'm supposed to be dead, I was jumped by..." I cut off before anymore damage is done on my part.

"Who?"

"I can't tell you,"

"Who!"

"Aspen," I leak out.

"I'm calling the police and getting them out of here," he grabs his phone and starts whispering to himself "why would she do this though?"

"Don't, you'll will make it worse,"

"Tell me what's going on! Because I think you hit your head to hard at this point." He says cautiously turning off his phone.

"Daniel I told you I died, I got a second chance and I'm not crazy,"

"Lex, I think the crazy thing is that I kind of believe you," he says running his fingers through his hair.

"You shouldn't though,"

"Why can't I call the police?"

"Because Aspen isn't human,"

"I know she has issues but she's not that bad,"

"Daniel she isn't, she a vampire,"

"Lex stop please your scaring me," he says trying to deny the truth even though he knows I'm probably right at this point.

"Daniel my wound isn't throwing any red flags to you," I say pointing at the two marks under all my dried blood.

"It could just be your mind trying to rationalize it," he says himself trying to rationalize this situation.

"Ok once you go back to the bus if you ask them about today they won't remember,"

"Well when we both go I'll stay with you then and we will prove your theory," at that point all I realized was that the last person I could save was Daniel. He was worth the world to me.

"Fine but stay by me the whole time, and if they still remember we will call the cops," I say shakily pushing myself up.

"Woah," he says holding me up a little bit. "Let's get you cleaned up and taken care of before we go back because your looking a little pale."

"Well I'm not going to stay on the curb,"

"I'll carry you," he says looking deep into my eyes.

"Fine," I say giving up. He steadfastly picks me up and daintily walks me down the empty street.

"The corner stores probably still open and I will drop you off at the restroom while I get more bandaids and napkins." He says opening the door and walking straight into the bathroom because we were here for a while last time. He sets me down on the counter and hands me a few paper towels so I can clean it while hers getting the more sanitary supplies.

Before he walks out I stop him, "thanks Danny," he stops smiles before walking out. I wet down the towel and hesitate before placing it on.

At the split second a person is in my reflection instead of me. I scream but I cover my mouth so it's muffled. The person seeps out and into the mirror.

"Alexa," she sighs looking at me. My mouth hands open.

"Who the fuck are you," I whisper so no one hears me.

"I was sent by Destiny, I'm Violet. I'm here to make sure you complete what you agreed to and to kill them for you when the time comes."

"So your fucking going to posses me," I say wiping my eyes. This wasn't part of the deal with Destiny.

"Since you tried to leave the guys he sent me here by the way," she says. She read my mind. What is happening.

"No you have to go please," I beg.

"You won't notice me, I'll only help if you start stressing out or if you say you want me and..." She says but swiftly vanishes.

"Hello?" I ask looking at the mirror in confusion. Just then Daniel walks in with a bag.

"Who where you talking to?" He says laying his stuff out.

"No one, I probably am just hallucinating." I say but in the back of my mind I hear, no you weren't.