(Part 1)

I would like to thank my friend and amazing writer, princessaryoflegend, who helped me with the title. This is my new book, I hope you enjoy :)

**********

"Good work, Charlotte," a man in a grey suit congratulates, unsmilingly. I do not smile at him either. After all, this was not something to smile about. Assassinations were never something to smile about, even though every single person I have killed was not a "good" person, death was something that most people did not smile about. "The Target has been neutralized, and we can send in the replacement for him."

The man I'd killed earlier this morning had been an arms dealer - one of the highest generals in the Dio di Morte. My job was to kill him, so my partner, Agent D could be sent in to replace him. That was the limit to my knowledge. I was simply the muscle - I did not need to question anything. I didn't want to ask. There would be no point in asking.

"We just received a mission from the Director. There's a mission we need your help with. He asked for you help especially, Charlotte."

Charlotte was not my real name. It was my code name. My real name had been lost a long time ago. No one in this world knew it, apart from me and the Director.

I could tell Agent Jones, the man in the grey suit talking to me, disapproved of the relationship I had with the Director. The Director's real name was hidden, just like mine. We'd met in the Orphanage we'd both grown up in. We were both chosen and trained, from the age of ten years old. I'd never liked it, never enjoyed it, but he was different. His ambitions had let him rise to the very top, while I was happy staying where I was. If an assassin did not enjoy there work, they were usually very quickly killed. I was a different story. For what I lacked in passion, I made up in skill. I was a born natural. There was also my face. There was something innocent and naive about my face, something that made people trust me, though the people who did regretted it.

"This is going to be a big mission, Charlotte. You're going to have to go deep undercover."

I stay silent.

"You will be infiltrating the Black Dragon. You will be one who will bring it down. The mission is in this folder. You will start as soon as possible."

His voice was commanding. There was no way out of it. I didn't want a way out. Showing doubts meant instant death, because doubt lead to loss of trust. And if it was one thing you needed, it was trust for the ones who were giving you your next job. Who else could you trust, if you couldn't trust them?

I pick up the file and leave. There was nothing else to say to him.

***

If I had known what would happen, I would have never picked up that file. I would have run away. If I had known, I would have shot myself then and there. I would never had accepted the mission

***

I flip through the file. There was all the basic information - my new name, my new date of birth, my new background, but there was also some stuff that was new. There was personality and habits, as well as accent and vocabulary. This undercover work was deep.

I'd only been on an undercover mission before, but that was simply a week in Spain, so I could scope out the surroundings before making the kill. This was interaction. This was acting.

My job was to become acquainted with the Leader of the Black Dragon, and gain his trust. I read through it, tucking every piece of information into my mind the way I'd been trained to, and then I saw the very last page.

It said I was meant to make him fall for me.

***

Cuba was beautiful; everything was brightened by the blinding sun. I could feel a drop of sweat rolling down my back, but I ignored it. It would be too much effort to drop the bags I was clutching, and wipe it. I just carried on.