some unholy war [kehlani.]

smoke filled the air, creating a thick cloud over the dimly lit room. y/n sat on kehlani's lap, the two surrounded by kehlani's men. as y/n sat, occupied with the backwoods that she was rolling, kehlani and her crew updated themselves on the next moves they were going to make.

"boss, cupra is trying to make a move on some of your territory again." a muscular man said, who y/n has come to know as ben.

"i'll handle cupra my damn self." kehlani said, not really caring that the woman kept trying to take what was hers. "anything else?"

this time, jordan, a friend of both kehlani and y/n, who happened to work for the drug lord spoke up. "you'll never guess who's back in town."

kehlani's head looked up to the man in front of her, her eyebrow raised. "who?"

"nathan." jordan said calmly. at the name, y/n's head lifted, her eyes going from jordan to her girlfriend's. she saw kehlani's jaw clench, and she felt her girlfriend's grip on her waist tighten before loosening after a second.

"what the hell is he doing back here?" another one of the men in the room asked, but no one answered.

"when did you see him jordan? and where?" kehlani asked, her voice low.

jordan shrugged, "i saw him yesterday, i think. he was on the west side."

kehlani nodded, saying nothing else. y/n turned to face her girlfriend once more, seeing her girlfriend with her bottom lip between her teeth. kehlani was deep in thought. the girl wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, before pecking her lips softly. "baby?" y/n said quietly. kehlani looked up at the girl, saying nothing. "calm down. okay?"

kehlani sighed quietly, before nodding and pecks y/n's lips again. "okay princess."

y/n didn't say anything, pulling out her lighter and placing the rolled blunt between kehlani's lips. "this should help you calm down." she said, before lighting it for her girlfriend.

she watched her girlfriend as she inhaled the smoke, before blowing it out in y/n's face. the two girls laughed, before they went back to their original positions, this time y/n occupied with her phone.
"here babe," kehlani said, offering the lit blunt to her girlfriend. y/n accepted it, holding it between her fingers before taking a hit. kehlani watched in amusement as her girlfriend slightly choked on the smoke, proud of how y/n had gotten more used to the strong drug invading her lungs.

when they had first gotten together, the younger girl hadn't ever smoked anything at all, nor been around any of the things that she now saw on a daily. kehlani knew that the girl was innocent, and although she did have this devilish desire to corrupt her (in a not terrible way, of course) she still hoped that the girl hadn't completely changed. kehlani loved the innocence of her girlfriend, she thought it was adorable. however, she wanted the girl to realize what she was getting herself into being with a girl like kehlani, and that all that she was going to be around was completely optional.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

y/n sat in the bed, waiting on her girlfriend to come to their shared bedroom. kehlani had ordered for her to go into the bedroom, for reasons that y/n didn't know. sometimes, y/n hated the way that kehlani treated her. sure, the girl was an amazing girlfriend, but she wanted all of kehlani, the good, the bad, and the ugly. y/n didn't know why the drug lord babied her in a way.

y/n rolled her eyes, getting off of the bed and creeping down the hallway, going to the room that her girlfriend calls her 'office'. the door that was previously opened was now closed, the sounds of voices muffled. y/n peeked her eye through the crack in the door, sighing quietly when she couldn't see much. not yet wanting to go back to her room, she put her ear to the door, hearing the voices more clearly.

"it looks to me like nathan and cupra are working to me boss." one of the voices said, obviously talking to kehlani. "they were seen together a few days ago. one of our runners just let me know."

kehlani let out a deep chuckle, before speaking. "even fucking better. i'll handle both of them tonight. jordan, chris, you're with me."

y/n heard silence, before she heard footsteps coming toward the door. the brown haired girl ran to the bedroom, as quickly and as quietly as possible, before shutting the door. she then grabbed her black hoodie from the closet, slipping it on before grabbing her bookbag, and moving back over to the bed.

she reached under the bed, grabbing a metal box, pulling in out in front of her.

"hey baby, i'll be back in an hour..." kehlani said, the last few words trailing off as she looked at the position her girlfriend was in. "what are you doing?" kehlani asked, raising her eyebrow.

"i'm going with you." y/n responded, "i heard you talking, and i'm going with you."

kehlani moved to her girlfriend, shaking her head, "no, you're not. it's too dangerous." y/n rolled her eyes, standing up to look at her girlfriend directly.

"yes, i am." y/n stated, "i'm tired of sitting on the sidelines, i want to come with you." kehlani opened her mouth to refuse, but y/n quickly stopped her. "why are you treating me like i'm some kid, lani?"

kehlani sighed, sitting down on the bed. "i don't want you to get hurt. baby, i'm about to do something dangerous, and i don't want you involved. i would hate myself if something happened to you and it was because of me."

"kehlani, i am your girlfriend. i signed up to be ride with you no matter what, baby. i'm your ride or die, remember?" y/n said placing a soft kiss on her girlfriend's lips. kehlani nodded, pulling her girlfriend in again for a deeper kiss.

"well finish getting ready, we ride out in 10 minutes." kehlani smirked as she pulled away, and her words made y/n return the same mischievous smile. "we have some business to take care of."