18 | I know it's over

▷ I know it's over - The Smiths

I know it's over - The Smiths

«Love is natural and real
But not for such as you and I, my love»

___

[DON'T PLAY THE SONG YET]

May 21st

DIANA BARRY has been thinking a lot lately. She's messed up — she's messed up really bad. She's lying on Fred's bed. The boy strokes her hair as she lets out muffled sobs against his chest.

"I'm the worst friend in the world" she cries. "How could I be so selfish?"

"It's okay, Di" Fred whispers as he plants little kisses on her head. He hates to see her like this. "People make mistakes every day"

"This wasn't a mistake, Fred" the girl looks at him now, sitting up in his bed. "This was a fatal error — I almost broke her relationship"

It's been five days since what happened with Anne and Gilbert and the club (although Fred and Diana know nothing about the details of what happened) and Anne hasn't spoken a single word to Diana. The raven-haired told Fred everything that happened between her and Anne, taking all the blame for her.

"Hey, I was involved too" he says.

"How's Gilbert?" she asks. They're at his house yet the boy hasn't left his room.

"I don't know. He seems... off?"

"What have we done? Not only we tried to ruin Anne and Charlie's relationship but I'm also pretty sure we just ruined Anne and Gilbert's too"

Diana bites her bottom lip, guilty and nervous. Fred cups her face, forcing her to look at him.

"Don't say that" Fred reassures her. "I know who can fix this"

___

I'm all alone.

Matthew's dead.

Charlie's miles away from here.

No Gilbert.

No Diana. God, I miss Diana. How could I blame her? It was all my fault.

There's a knock on her bedroom door that snaps Anne out of her thoughts. She walks over to the door, opening it and revealing an unexpected visit.