01 | You're so cool

▷ You're so cool - Jonathan Bree

You're so cool - Jonathan Bree

«Eyes on the prize»

___

September 17th

THE REDHEADED GIRL's high ponytail bounces against the air of a September evening. Sweat is running down her forehead to her collarbone. She is breathing heavily.

Fuck. She should definetely exercise more. Or quit smoking. Or both. This desperate attempt of trying to follow a healthier lifestyle is going to be the death of her.

She stops on her tracks for a minute to get some air to get to her lungs; hands on her knees in a resting position and music blasting through her airpods.

Body so fit
So full of spark
With affirmations
As your wall art
You were driven
Eyes on the prize
A yoga routine
Home exercise

"Body so fit, hah!" she says outloud, without even noticing, shaking her head "Ironic much?"

"I would say so, yeah" a voice suddenly startles her. It's getting dark by now, and the streets of Avonlea are usually rather lonely at this time of the day, especially during the fall. She takes a look around until she spots a figure sitting on the nearest bench.

She approaches the figure until she can see him.

It's just a boy.

He must be about her age. Dark curls, rosy cheeks and long eyelashes that she is already jealous of. She had never seen him before, and that's odd, considering how much of a small town Avonlea is.

She removes her airpods, shoving them into her pockets. "You shouldn't be spying on people, you know" she says roughly. "It's creepy"

"Sorry" the boy removes his headphones as well, putting something aside. A walkman?

"Who the hell uses a Walkman these days?" she asks, pointing her finger at the device. "We're in fucking 2017"

"Who the hell talks to herself these days?" the boy asks in return, raising both his eyebrows, perhaps surprised at the girl's outspokenness.

She blinks twice, trying to think of an answer to outsmart the boy. "Fair point" she says, placing both of her hands on her hips. "Smart people think out loud"

"That's true" he says. Then he remains silent for a few seconds.

He is staring at her.