XLIII. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Începe de la început

Thea rolled her eyes, walking in between the two girls to get her books out of her locker, "how have you been Bon?" the wolf asked guiltily as she looked towards the witch. She hadn't been there much for Bonnie this last few weeks, her mind been taken over completely by her soulmate, the cure and the Miss Mystic pageant. Bonnie shrugged with a small smile, "better. Professor Shane's been helping me with my magic," the witch replied with a happy smile.

The Lockwood smiled back as she shut her locker door, leaning against it, "that's great. I'm sorry I haven't been there for you, I haven't been much of a friend this last couple of weeks," the brunette apologised causing Bonnie to brush her off with a hug. The witch didn't care truthfully, she knew they all had their own problems to deal with- Thea included. But she also knew that if she was ever in serious trouble, she could count on the wolf to be there for her within a second.

They didn't need to see or speak to each other every day to prove that they were best friends- they all knew, Caroline and Elena included, that if one of them was to ever need something, the others would be there within a heartbeat. Pulling away from each other, the three girls quickly spotted Elena walking towards them with a happy smile and her hair in a messy bun.

"Elena, hey, is everything okay?" Bonnie asked as the doppelganger came to a stop in front of them, noticing her slightly dishevelled state. Elena frowned at the girls in confusion, "yeah. Why wouldn't it be?" the brunette asked, slightly startled by the witch's question. Thea noticing her apprehension, quickly explained Bonnie's question, "well, Caroline told us you had to move out to stay away from Jeremy," the wolf replied softly as if her words would make Elena break down.

"Matt is at the house staying with him right now to make sure he keeps all of his hunter stuff in control. He's okay," the doppelganger shrugged as she looked between her three best friends, earning a frown from Caroline in response. "But are you?" she asked, reaffirming Bonnie's earlier question, "I mean, clearly they don't have a flat iron at hotel Salvatore," the blonde laughed causing Thea to giggle from beside her as their eyes settled on Elena's rushed hairstyle.

"Oh-I was in a rush. I mean, look," Elena stuttered as she pulled her hair out of the bun it was in, allowing it to fall as she quickly changed the subject, "do you girls have any plans tonight? I'm in desperate need of some girl talk," the doppelganger pleaded causing the three girls to smile. "I'm in. Shane taught me some small spells I've been wanting to try," Bonnie grinned in excitement causing Elena to smile happily.

"Oh, creepy professor guy is just Shane now," Caroline teased causing Bonnie to roll her eyes, "he's not creepy," she defended as she narrowed her eyes at the vampire. "We're not judging," Thea told the witch, glaring warningly at Caroline causing the blonde to roll her eyes, "I am," she stated, ignoring the look Thea gave her. Thea sighed in annoyance as Elena smiled at Bonnie encouragingly, "don't listen to her. So, girls' night? We can raid the Salvatore wine cellar," she smirked deviously as she looked between the three girls.

Bonnie and Thea copied her devious smirk, telling her they were in as Caroline shifted uncomfortably. "Um, are you sure that Stefan and Damon are cool with us crashing at their place?" the blonde asked hesitantly as Elena looked down the hallway, spotting the elder Salvatore. "I can't go home because my brother is trying to kill me. So their place is mine now, too. I'll see you in a bit," the doppelganger responded distractedly before following after the raven haired vampire.

Caroline, Bonnie and Thea all watched her leave, the latter with a smirk on her face. "So, guess its party night at the Salvatore's," she cheered gleefully causing Bonnie to chuckle softly, shaking her head as the two girls shifted their attention to the wolf instead. Caroline rolled her eyes, "whatever. Come on, we have English next and you're not leaving me alone for that," the blonde stated firmly as she grabbed a hold of Thea's arm, dragging the brunette away as she groaned in protest.