Chapter 9: What do You Mean I Have to Fight?!

It's the middle of the night as you and Silica had laid down for the night, she huddled up close to you as she sighed happily, you both were finally happy despite being inside a hell hole of a death game. "Silica?" You look at her, smiling as she looks up at you, her red eyes glaring at you happily with a vermillion glow, "Yeah (Y/N's Avatar Name)?" You close your eyes then quickly reopen them, looking at the roof of the log cabin you two had bought, your eyes filled with joy. "What would you say if I said once we get out of this together, why don't we meet up in the real world?" Silica wrapped her arms around your neck, blushing slightly. "I'd say yes, and do my best to find you, but I guess I don't have your real name." You close your eyes once more, embracing her back. "My name is (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)." Silica closes her eyes, "(Y/N)... That's an amazing name..." She held onto you closely as she yawned softly, slowly drifting asleep. You yawn as well as you fall asleep next to her.

You open your eyes as you're suddenly in combat, wielding a two handed sword with one hand, in front of you was a rather large skeletal millipede, it's eyes a glowing red with a burning fire to hunt you down, in the room was you, Silica, and a large raid group, but the enemy was wiping them out one by one, you start to worry until you see it looking at Ayano, you rush towards her as you push her aside, taking the hit, you fall back, you hear Silica calling your name.

You open your eyes once more, Ayano was shaking you awake, she was worried as she hugged you. "You were having a nightmare... I was scared..." A nightmare, you haven't had one of those in a long time, it's almost rare to none for you to have one. "Thank you Ayano, I'm awake now." You sit up and stretch before standing up, looking back at her. "Alright, let's go get something to eat." Silica nods as she walked up to you, holding your hand. "I'll make us some sandwiches, we can sit on the porch." Silica agreed and walked outside as you began making the sandwiches, you finish making the sandwiches as you walk outside to Ayano to see a group of men from the Knights of the Blood Oath outside and approaching your home, you don't have a good feeling about this, you check your level, level 50, you've been laid back during your time in the game. "(Y/N's Avatar Name), Silica, the both of you are being called into action to assist with the boss of Floor 72, we have all the details we need, we just require your attendance at the boss room, this will also happen on Floor 75, after this boss, I recommend you stay prepared." The knights walked away as you look towards Silica, a worried expression on your face, she looks back at you, worried as well.

You and Silica quickly finish your sandwiches and waste no time, you lock the door to your cabin and the two of you run out towards the field, killing every monster as you two make your way to the teleport gate, you both need to make sure you're the right level, higher floors are extremely dangerous for someone ill prepared to take on such high leveled enemies. You and Silica teleport to floor 72 as you quickly stock up on healing items, getting stronger equipment from the stores and in a rush, make your way to the boss room, to your left you see a red headed man wearing a bandana, you draw your new two handed sword as you draw it, you feel as if holding two handed swords got lighter than they did before.

At the front of everyone stood an aged man wearing full red armor with a sword and shield, no doubt the leader of the guild Knights of the Blood Oath, they've been getting a rather large name for themselves, a leader who no one's seen go into the yellow health bar, he's got to be strong if that's how it is. "It appears we are all here, that's good, it's about time we commence this meeting." He held his arms out in a passion that seems familiar to you, where have you seen that pose before...?

"Next time on Dragon Tamer's Bodyguard! Chapter 10: Charon, The Ferry to Hades!"