Chapter 11

It's been 3 weeks. 

3 weeks of this bet.

3 weeks of hanging out and still haven't accomplished anything.

I sighed and fell back onto my bed. It was Saturday so I had nothing to do all day. I have one week left and honestly I'm desperate. 

The bright side is these past weeks there have been more interaction. Awsten and I have been hanging out nonstop and honestly I really enjoyed it. He's starting to open up a bit more and I'm slowly becoming to see who he is as a person. 

But I'm still doing the bet. 

Probably after the bet is done, he won't talk to me, but honestly I could care less. He can go back to his old boyfriend if he wants to. 

I was bored and I needed to make a move quick. 

Geoff

Hey. :) Did you want to come over? 

Awsten 

Sure. I'll be there in a few. 

And just like that Awsten was coming to my house. Now was the time to take this bet into action. No more slowing down. Today was the day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Geoff.", Awsten greeted once I opened the door for him. 

"Hey. You wanna go to the basement?", I ask. 

"Um I guess?", he responded and I led him downstairs. We both sat down on the couch and Awsten was playing with his hands. I noticed he did that a lot when he was nervous. 

Welp. It's now or never. 

"What are you doing, princess? Don't get all nervous on me now.", I say grabbing his hand and putting it in my lap. 

"Um well I - "

"You don't have to say anything. Let me just - "

"Geoff, I have to say this.", Awsten said sternly. I was taken back. "Wait, what's wrong?"

"I - You - I don't even know where to start.", he said looking like he was in battle with himself. He took a deep breath. "Thank you."

"Thank you?", I questioned in confusion. 

"Yes. Thank you. You may not know this but um I see you as a really good friend. Usually people won't ever talk to me or give me a chance unless it's a joke. Honestly, I thought it was at first, but then we started hanging out more and I realized it wasn't"

My heart sank. 

"Not a lot of people get to see the real me. I feel like at this point, I'm just talking, but that's a huge milestone for me. Coming to this school, I thought I was just going to be another joke, but then you came along and you actually wanted to be my friend. So thank you for that. I really appreciate you.", Awsten finished blushing lookig down. Once he caught his breath a bit he looked up in my eyes and smiled. And not just a small smile he always does, but a real geniune big smile that could bright up the whole town. 

I smiled back internally screaming. 

How could I be so dumb? I should have backed out of this once I had the chance. I should have listened to Jawn. I should have -

"Are you good?", Awsten laughed clearly seeing my nervous breakdown in my head. 

"Don't worry, princess", I say faking a smile, "I'm good."