Chapter 5

Not gonna lie, I actually felt pretty bad about the last encounter I had with the blue haired boy. Maybe I should tone it down a bit. He did seem a bit hurt. 

Was it because I grabbed his hand? 

Whatever it was, I decided to slow it down a bit. I made my way to my usual spot at my locker and took my lunch bag out of the tiny shelf in my locker and closed it. When I turned I saw him.

The blue haired boy was getting his lunch out of his locker and closed it shut making his way outside to the tables. 

Me being me, I decided to follow a few feet behind. I was confused when he turned the opposite way of the tables and made his way instead to the football field. I followed and he made his way underneath the blechers sitting down on the grass. I was confused, but nonetheless followed him making sure I was a good distance behind. I finally sat down in front of him and he looked up in surprised. 

"Hey. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable yesterday. I shouldn't have held you hand if that crossed any boundaries so I wanted to apologize. I'm Geoff by the way.", I held my hand out to shake his, but he just stayed staring at me. 

I put my hand down awkwardly and laughed it off. "It's fine. I get it.", I said while taking my sandwich out. "Do you want half of it? I'm not a big sandwich person, but it's all I had at home so.", I said holding the sandwich out. 

Again, he just stared. 

Is this even gonna go anywhere?

"Maybe I should leave. You seem to want to be alone. I'll see you around though.", I say standing up picking up my bag until I heard a soft voice. 

"Wait."

I turned back a little shocked. His voice was so soft, you could probably miss it if you weren't paying attention. Hayley was right when she said he's so quiet. 

I sat back down in my place and looked at him in his eyes. "Yes?", I questioned. 

It looked like he was in battle with himself until he finally spoke up. 

"I'm Awsten."