chapter two - "reunited."

Start from the beginning

Finally, Jenny fell backwards into the tub - splashing the handmaiden's slightly, that caused them to shriek and Milah to glower ever so lightly. The foamy lather mingled prettily with the now cloudy white water, as it (the soap) left Jenny's body. She felt so clean. It was truly a wondrous feeling - once again Jenny sat back up, knowing what was coming next. The oldest Daemadar sister shut her eyes, hugging her knees closer to her bare chest - she flinched as she felt the impact of hot water drench over her head; this was hair wash time. Otherwise known as Jenny's procrastination time. 

Freely, Jenny let her mind take over her head. She found herself envisioning the perfect prince charming to her story, normally he was dark haired with a strong jawline and the most stunning hazel eyes. Her prince was tall and strong, with a cape of white billowing behind him; he didn't have to be a man of nobility though, sometimes he took the form of a traveller - a stranger from far away lands. But, strangely enough, her perfect prince was not there. Jaime Lannister was. 

He was the opposite of Jenny's prince charming. He was a cocky, no good golden-maned lion from the Lannister pride, a man of the King's Guard - a skilled swordman clearly, but a Kingslayer. A man without honour. Jenny could not admit that he wasn't good looking, with his pearly white smile and the way he had first greeted her in the muddy courtyard of Winterfell - a mere, common courtesy that made her inwardly swoon, not that she would ever admit it. But it was his eyes that melted Jenny's heart, they were the infamous shade of Lannister green and they held a rugged, boyish smirk that showed his true self. 

"Milady," Alia politely said, tearing Jenny away from her brief procrastination time, "My lady," the young lady corrected herself, "You can get out now before it gets cold."

 The oldest Daemadar sister frowned, "Already?" the young woman inquired, "That was a very quick hair wash." Shrugging her shoulders, Jenny arose from the now cooling water - droplets and streams running down her body with rushed grace. 

Milah, the oldest handmaiden spoke up, "My Lady, it took just as long as usual."

Jenny blushed crimson. She had been thinking about Jaime Lannister for that long. That was embarrassing. Her mother, coincidentally also named Alia, the Lady of the Fortress of White would surely have her head if she found her daughter ogling at the thought of such a beastly man. Milah helped Jenny out of the bath, Lenda wrapped Jenny up into a fluffy white fabric and walked beside the young woman as she went back into the bedchamber. 

It was Milah who had finally chosen a suitable dress for Jenny, Jenny guessed that was why the oldest handmaiden was constantly rushing in and out of the bathing room. Presented on Jenny's larger than life bed, was a pale sky blue dress - it was lacey, something all of the handmaiden's had decided against, but apparently, Milah hadn't agreed with that.  Of course, the dress didn't show much skin - it couldn't do, Jenny couldn't be dressed like a whore. The sleeves were majorly lace and surprisingly, the frock was backless. It was a very eye-capturing dress, to say the least, and Jenny felt excited that she would be wearing it very soon after her hair had dried. 

Alia was the best at styling Jenny's hair; it was about only an hour later when her long peroxide blonde hair had dried completely. The handmaiden brushed it through with ease, intricately she braided the white hair with her long, slender fingers and delicately placed the winter roses in Jenny's hair - they were almost the same shade as the dress. Gently, Alia pushed Jenny over to Lenda - who as usual, would be doing her corset and all of the undergarments required for the outfit. 

The corset felt tighter than usual, Jenny thought as her handmaiden pulled hard on the strings - her pale pink lips parted slightly and a disgruntled look began to form on her face. "Lenda," Jenny spoke up, "Why are you doing my corset so tightly?" she demanded to know.