And saying that, I go back to the enthusiastic mood that I had, and I think that this is going to keep me awake for the entire flight.

Before shutting down my phone, I text Thomas, telling him that we are about to take off and that I will let him know when we land in Seoul. A 10-hour flight is waiting for us, so he can relax for the time being, because I won't be disturbing him. He wishes me a safe flight and to get there well and he ends the text with a kissing emoji.

I lean my head onto the back of the seat and I wait to feel the plane moving. That moment that makes me feel that I'm truly heading for the much-dreamed-of-place.

Sabine takes my hand and squeezes it full of enthusiasm.

"Does he miss you?" she asks me giggling.

Torn away from my dreaming, brought back to reality, I don't know how to respond to her. We're accustomed to travelling, him especially; he often travels for work without me, over great distances, but after so many years I think we have gotten used to having a lot of miles between us and not feeling that longing of the parted young lovers anymore.

"If he's not missing me now, he'll be missing me in a couple of days," I tell her laughing. "Fortunately he has quite a busy schedule these weeks, with some important clients visiting, so, even if I were home, I wouldn't really have the chance to see him."

"So he won't be calling too often to check on you," she concludes, knowing that he isn't that type of person whatsoever.

But as a single woman, she knows that there's nobody to throw her a fit of jealousy such as "Why aren't you picking up your phone? Where are you, with whom?", but, at the same time, she knows Thomas' nature, pretty laid-back, not the type to stress over things.

"He'll have a ton of work to do and it won't even cross his mind to bother us, so I'm sure there will be days when I will hear nothing from him."

"And you're ok with it?"

Judging by the tone of her voice, she's a bit worried.

"I have the freedom I need and I'm glad. Apart from that, there's trust between us and I know that he isn't doing that because he wants to ignore me, it's just that he has other things on his mind. There's no 'questioning' between us."

I put on a fake smile, because I don't know if I've put it in the right words and I wouldn't want her to get the wrong idea about our relationship.

 I met Thomas many years ago and I can't say it was love at first sight, but some mutual friends thought that we would be a good match for each other and they kept insisting on going out as a group, until Thomas mustered up some courage and invited me to have a cup of coffee. We were young and since the very first dates, I began falling for him, until I started to feel like the most enamored woman in the world, when we came to do everything together. We were even a little bit dependent on each other, since, even at work, at the accounting firm I was working for, he was my biggest client. He and his father ran a construction firm, that also had taken care of the last renovation and decorating project at my firm, with everybody being thrilled about the new design of the floor where our headquarters were situated at in that office building. We were a perfect team and we knew that we could rely on each other.

Thomas got me head over heels with his figure as well, he was tall, very handsome, and I knew that he had lots of suitors, and the fact that from all of them he chose to show me the proper consideration and pay me the most of his attention made me feel much more appreciated. He came from a good family and a lot of my friends were jealous of me for the expensive gifts that he got me, especially when he went abroad, always bringing me some jewelry or some famous designer's work. From the beginning, he knew how to show me that, next to him, I would have a comfy life, full of everything I wanted. Materially speaking, at least.