23|Together Again

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry."

Diego's voice was more present than Katherine's, her head rose in confusion as she made eye contact with him.

"For what?"

"For saying that I didn't care that you left. It wasn't true, at all. I was just angry that you were going to leave without me." His words were quick but Katherine took in every letter.

"Hey." She cut him off, his eyes meeting hers again. "It's okay. I should never have left you, it was my fault. I was selfish. I've always been selfish."

"You are not selfish." Diego shook his head, tightening his grip on her hand. "You are a lot of things, Kat, but you are not selfish. You're rude and you're reckless but you're the smartest person I know. You're exciting and kind and beautiful and I miss you so fucking much."

Katherine frowned, looking down at her hand, which was in Diego's grasp before looking back to to Diego.

"How can you miss me? I'm right here." She chuckled.

Diego didn't laugh, he shook his head and looked away before clearing his throat.

"I-I guess, I just.....miss what we used to be. I know, it's stupid of me to even think like that anymore. Obviously, you don't want me back and why would you I was such a dick, I should have just told you I wanted you to stay-"

"Shut up." Katherine smiled.

He looked at her confused, as if she was being rude by interrupting his confession. She took his face in her hands and connected her lips with his. Diego was took aback, shocked that she would even considering kissing him again after all this time. Eventually, he melted into the kiss , Katherine hands reaching for the hem of his shirt and lifting it over his head.

The speedster pushed him down onto her bed, straddling his lap, her fingers tracing his perfectly toned torso. She reached down pulling off her own shirt before leaning down and kissing him again. Hurriedly, Diego flipped her over, him now lying on top of her, she giggled as he leaned down to kiss her again.

And by the time the two were finished, their clothes were lying scattered on the speedster's floor and the pair had fallen asleep together, bare beneath the covers.

———

Katherine was happy, at peace, lying next to the man she had missed for years, his strong arms wrapped around her waist but her slumber was broken by knocking at the door.

Startled, she carefully lifted Diego's arm and slid out of the warm bed speeding over to the closet and grabbing a robe before running over to the door and opening it slightly and poking her head out.

Klaus was not the person she was expecting to see but there he was, looking actually happy for once.

"Good morning. Sounded like you had a nice night." He smirked, raising his eyebrows and attempting to look through the gap in the door.

Katherine rolled her eyes, slipping through the gap in the door and silently closing it behind her.
"What do you want?" She whispered.

"Well, Luther's calling a family meeting because apparently the world's ending in three days." He shrugged.

"Yeah, I already know, you were there when Five told me, you were just too drunk to notice." She hissed, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. You and your fuck buddy, who I'm guessing is Diego, better hurry up and get downstairs or Luther's gonna come up here and get you himself and frankly I don't want to see that." Klaus rushed, patting his twin on the shoulder before turning on his heel and making his way downstairs.

Katherine opened the door and slid back inside, trying to be as quiet as possible, after closing the door again she turned on her heel only to find Diego fully dressed in the clothes from yesterday. His shoes were on but his laces were untied and his sling was holding up his injured arm.

Hearing the door close again, he looked up to face Katherine, smiling widely when he made eye contact with her.

"Good morning." He said, his voice was deep and groggy and sent shivers down Kat's spine, she approached him as she adjusted her robe slightly and ran a hand through her messy hair.

He was sat comfortably on the unmade bed as she stood between his legs, her bare feet rubbing into the soft carpet as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his lips softly.

"Need some help?" She asked, not waiting for an answer she bent down and tied his laces tightly, not wanting him to do it himself in fear that he would hurt his arm even more.

As she stood back up, happy with the nicely tied laces, Diego placed his good hand around her waist and pulled her onto his lap, making her giggle. Kat wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder, his hand caressing her bare leg.

"I missed this." She whispered before kissing his cheek.

"Me too." Diego whispered, kissing the top of Katherine's head.

The speedster sighed jumping off of Diego's lap.

"I better get dressed, Luther's calling a family meeting about the apocalypse." Katherine practically confessed, knowing that Luther was going to spill as soon as they got downstairs anyway.

"I know we have thin walls." Kat watched as he winked cheekily, causing her to flip him off and speed over to her closet, changing into some black skinny jeans, a tight spaghetti-strap top and heeled lace-up booties, before turning to face Diego, all in under 5 seconds.

"That was fast." He smirked.

"I know."

__________________