Chapter 2 Speechless

She slowly opened her dreary, blood shot eyes. “Did I dream that?” She whispered in a delicate, yet husky, tone of voice. She gradually sat up on the painfully, unpleasant bed. The timid girl lifted up her head to innocently analysis her room when…

“So you’re finally awake!” grinned a young boy sitting at her bedside.

“…..” she tried desperately to find words to say but nothing would spew out of her mouth in time.

“Don’t worry, the doctor informed me that your injures were minor accept from that nasty cut on your head, but that healed up a few weeks ago so I’m sure you’ll be back to normal soon! Oh and just to warn you the doctor gave you some drugs this morning so you would be conscious but the only down side is that they maybe side effects like losing your voice for a  day or two.” The chatty boy stopped and gasped to take a breathe. She began to open her eyes wider and wider until it looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets! ‘Wait this can’t be….this boy looks familiar; but were have I seen him before? But first lets figure out well the hell I am!’ She pounded in her mind.

“Oh yeah I forgot, sorry about that, I didn’t tell you did I. You’re in the hospital…” He muttered.  

‘But….how?’ she puzzled in her head whilst giving a confused yet scared look. How had that boy known what she was thinking?

‘This couldn’t just be coincidence!’ She panicked as she began frowning at the very thought; whilst fidgeting with the solemn tubing dangling from her nostrils.            

“What coincidence?” He announced with a bewildered tone.

Just then, movement caught the corner of her eye. She sharply turned her head, scattering her free flowing her everywhere. Without warning her body broke down into a cold sweat…