Chapter 2 (Afterschool)

It was in the afternoon, last class of the day. Mostly it's one of my classes that had Shina in it. She stretched her arms up and yawned, "Man, what a day." She spoke. I hummed and looked through my phone screen, seeing the recent Ghoul attack from the past week. That's when my phone was snapped out of my grasp. "You gotta stop scaring yourself!" Shina barked. "Shina, people are getting killed out there..." I muttered. She shrugged and went through my phone, "I'm serious. What if I'm next or you?"

"I don't care." Shina said with no expression, even though she is known for her smile. "I feel like ghouls have to live." She said, still on my phone. "We eat as well, so why can't they?"

"I don't know... Maybe they should go after wanted criminals?" I suggested. Shina smirked a bit, "I don't think they knew that." I groaned annoyingly, "Could you please give back my phone?"

"In a bit. I'm messaging Big Benus." I felt my whole body lunge forward, "Shina!" She just giggled and turned the phone to where it showed the screen to me. The notes tab was open and it read, "Pranked lol." I whimpered, "Bro, not cool." She laughed and returned my phone, "You seriously got to stop worrying." Shina suggested. I grabbed my headphones out my bag, "Yea... But it's been on my mind since the first couple of murders by ghouls."

"I know. But Vick you gotta chilax a bit- Hey! How about we step by Anteiku!" Shina chimed. I leaned back in my seat, "The cafe down the street?" She nodded as if her movement was the answer. That's Shina for you. I placed my hand on my cheek and leaned forward onto my desk, "That's more of a fancy cafe. I don't feel like going there." Shina pressed out her bottom lip in a small pout. "You don't give it a chance? Meany..." I did a tiny glare back, "Then why don't you go?"

"Because, A. I don't want to be alone, and B. Because you're my friend." I sigh deeply. I'm not into fancy restaurant type ordeals... But Shina is my friend. I rub my forehead a bit, "Fine." Shina squealed in joy. As soon as the bell rang, she gripped my wrist and towed me out of the room. "W-Wait! Shina! Slow down!" I cried as we ran out the school yard.