Your Side of the Bed : jjk

"It always has to be your way doesn't it?" Jungkook yelled, throwing his drumsticks down on the floor and shoving to his feet. He was wearing tight jeans with big rips showing the bruised skin of his knees and thighs, a black T-shirt under a worn black leather jacket that stretched tightly over his shoulders and a brown baseball cap pulled low over his forehead, his dark eyes burning angrily from beneath his bangs, a circular bruise on his neck reminding you of the way the two of you had resolved this fight the night previously.

"It's not about my way, it's about what's best for the band and we are broke Jungkook we have to take this deal!" You shouted back, gripping the neck of the guitar strapped to you with one hand.

Taehyung leaned on the wall to the side with his hands in his jacket pockets, looking at the ground sullenly, his bass on its stand nearby. You and Jungkook always fought, it was your thing, fighting and making up and fighting again. But this - this one was different.

"If you take that deal I'm done," Jungkook said lowly, stepping as close as he could and not be touching you, his voice low and threatening.

"We've been having this fight for a week Jungkook, we have to take the deal!"

"Can't take the deal if you don't have a drummer," he said, spreading his arms and squaring his jaw.

"You think you're the only drummer in the city?" You spat, gesturing with your hands as you spoke.

"Whatever y/n. You're becoming a sell out and I never wanted to do this for money in the first place."

"There's a difference between selling out and not sleeping on the street!"

"Fine. Do what you want, but you're not doing it with me," he said, grabbing his bag and storming toward the door.

"Jungkook, if you leave right now you're not just leaving the band you're leaving me," you called after him, your voice sharp and thick.

He placed his hand on the doorknob and looked back at you over his shoulder, his eyes burning unreadably.

"I know," he replied.

Then he left.

That was three weeks ago. And you were done moping about it now. Yes, you were lonely. Yes, your apartment felt empty. Yes, band practice was pointless with just you and Taehyung. At least you still had him - but he never reacted the same to your lyrics and your new songs, he wasn't good at helping you make them better like...like he had been.

And obviously, you still needed a drummer.

You and Tae walked together down the street, hanging up fliers with your cell number advertising for an available position in your band.

"You really think this is the best method?" He asked, handing you a tack when you reached a phone pole.

"I think it is one of a few ways we will try," you replied. You had been doing your best not to be short with Taehyung, it wasn't his fault. And he was your oldest friend, he didn't deserve any of this. "Let's put one up at the coffee shop, and I'll work on some social media stuff next." He nodded and plodded along after you, his long legs keeping stride easily as you headed for the local coffee shop. You smiled affectionately at him, reaching your arm up to ruffle his dark hair. It was getting shaggy, looking like a mullet in the back, but he was handsome as ever.

Taehyung went up to order your usuals as you cleared a spot on the bulletin board and used a pushpin to stick your flier up.

"You're looking for a drummer?" A soft, melodic voice asked from behind you. You looked around for the source of the voice to see a very handsome man holding a coffee, his head tilted to the side. He was small in stature, but his ripped black jeans were stretched tightly over his long, lean legs. He wore stylish black boots and big striped sweater, tucked in at the front to show off his small waist. His hair was jet black and parted to fall to either side of his forehead. Silver hoops decorated his ears, a tight chain with a small charm hung around his neck and the hand that held his disposable coffee cup glinted with several silver rings.