The system intoned, “Selecting the game – introductory level: novice difficulty.”

Xu Ziyue nodded and then felt his vision black out, his body beginning to fall. Following, he came into contact with something firm and he sat down.

He opened his eyes and found that he had appeared in a classroom.

Class was currently in session, and the teacher at the front was lecturing about math modules. Xu Ziyue swivelled his head around and looked excitedly at his new classmates.

System: “Those with green symbols on their heads are players; this game has 20 players. Your available targets are all the NPCs of Shangyang High School. Please explore the game by yourself, there is no tutorial. Once you’ve successfully obtain the affections of your target, this game will end.”

Xu Ziyue stroked his chin and started to evaluate his classmates with a sense of expectation.

70 points, 60 points, 85 points… There were a lot of good-looking people – one of his fellow players even achieved a high score of 89 points. However, the type of people who look so handsome that one can’t help but want to jump on them… Xu Ziyue still hasn’t seen one yet.

Suddenly, he noticed that the male player sitting next to him inexplicably had a very ugly expression on his face. After realizing this, Xu Ziyue observed the other players and saw that most too had similar grimaces.

Xu Ziyue grew a bit curious, and the sense of novelty and excitement also grew. He took out a small eraser and threw it at the table of the player beside him.

Lowering his voice, he asked, “Hey, what’s your name? Did you also die and then come into this game world? My name is Xu Ziyue. Have you picked a target yet? If so, I will avoid them. After all, the significant others of friends are off limit– ”

“Xu Ziyue!”

Xu Ziyue was startled and quickly looked up at the teacher who had just shouted his name. Trembling slightly, he stood up. Caught so quickly by the teacher ah… He had thought that the NPC teachers would ignore the actions of the players… It seems that he had guessed wrong.

The math teacher standing at the podium did not directly start to chide Xu Ziyue, but instead said, “You come up here and solve this question.”

Xu Ziyue wordlessly opened his mouth – he didn’t know what to do. He looked at the fellow player beside him, only to find that his attention wasn’t on himself at all. Instead, the other player’s face was pale, as if he was deathly afraid of something.

Xu Ziyue could only temporarily dismiss the idea of seeking help from this comrade.

He took a pen and poked the back of the male sitting in front of him.

The male very obviously flinched abruptly, and then turned around to look at Xu Ziyue with an unfriendly gaze.

Xu Ziyue, however, was stunned, and his eyes lit up with joy.

“Don’t ask other students for help!” The math teacher knocked on the podium with a pointer, his tone severe.

“Teacher, I’m sorry.” During his life, Xu Ziyue was the kind of student that always knew how to get on people’s good sides. Although he was not the most academically inclined – only being about average in his classes – he was the type of person who knew how to liven any atmosphere. “I wasn’t listening just now, so I don’t know the answer. But, I promise! I will pay attention from now on!”

“Sit down. Listen carefully.” The teacher indeed did not continue to make things difficult for Xu Ziyue, and after seeing him take a seat, continued to lecture.