25.

A day went by, Yuta didn't have a chance to see Seora at all. He passed by her house on purpose, just so he could see her but she was never outside.

Learning that she was the princess gave him the answer of the heartbreak she was going through due to her father's death. He knew she needed comfort but he had no idea how. He might risk everything he had been hiding if he said the wrong words.

His identity was already at stake. He was slightly disappointed by the disadvantage he held against her, his feelings were sincere for her but the situation they were put on wasn't helping at all.

"Why are you outside?"

At the voice, Yuta were a little surprised but as he looked to his left, he found Hayoung standing with her head tilted in curiosity. "Did you and Eunmi fight?" She asked. He wondered about her question, and it made him think if the princess ever mentioned him.

"Why would you say that?" He asked softly as he crouched down to her eye level. "She's been crying all day. She wouldn't let anyone into her room, but I've snuck inside." Hayoung explained.

Imagining the situation himself was awfully heartbreaking. He knew that the king didn't die on his will, he was told that he'd have to die soon. However, he had nothing to do with it. His only task was the princess.

"Have she said anything then?" He asked, as he placed a hand on her small shoulder, brushing off the nonexistent dusts on it. "She said she might have to move," the girl said so easily. It was only then he felt worried.

He had a big question of why she would have to move when it was safer for her to stay in quiet like now. "—and that she said not to see you again." The last sentence was confusing.

Yuta squinted his eyes slightly. "Why is that?" He asked. Hayoung shrugged her shoulders coolly. "She said you were dangerous." Hayoung replied, glancing at her house, as if Seora would've heard them. "But I know you're not, and thats why I concluded that you two fought." She smiled small.

The male flashed a nervous grin as Hayoung excused herself and walked inside the house. The statement confused him, it had so many possibilities but he knew there was only one answer as why she would say so.

She knew.

《—♡ 》

"You must avoid being in contact with him." Jaehyun warned. He told the princess everything about his suspicion towards Yuta. He was put on task by the prince to further investigate though Seora objected.

"Wouldn't that spark more questions then? Wouldn't he notice? If he is the well trained assassin you suggest." Seora retorted. She didn't want to be away from Yuta, he was the biggest source of comfort she had discover.

After acknowledging her father's death, she wanted to tell him everything. She wanted him to comfort her, but it all came to a stop when Taeyong and Jaehyun told her about this new piece of information.

"Of course it will." Taeyong replied. "But it's only time that he might act, he already knows your identity." He added. "Assassins are very loyal, they owe their life to their masters." He said, as he held the piece of cloth in his hand.

Seora stared at the sun stitchings, she had seen it before. It was carved on Yuta's bow and arrows, and that carving was also a symbol of the queen's ally. No wonder it was so familiar to her at first glance.

"I know you've trusted him, and I'm certain he had treated you nicely. However, for your safety, it is best if you stay away until we can tell what the queen had ordered for him to fulfil."

The prince said as he held her left shoulder, it was supposed to be comforting but she felt bad. He wouldn't have known that she had lost affection for him. She wanted to tell, but she didn't have the heart to.

Not when she just discovered that she had fallen for the wrong person.

《—♡ 》

As she returned home, Seora never left her room. She was still dressed in her funeral dress, she had been in bed for two days.

There was so much regret in her. She failed to avenge for her family no matter how Taeyong and Jaehyun tried to convince her that there were progress, Seora had slightly given up. She regretted not visiting her father on the day of the festival, if she had known that on the wedding day was their last meeting—

She was also upset that she let her guard down. She was devastated that she genuinely fell in love with a man who had fake it all. Yet still, she refused to let him go. He was too kind for her to believe that he was actually scheming for her murder.

Eventually, her tears dried up. She recalled her promise to not cry at her father's grave. And she told herself this would be the last of her tears, she had to be strong. She couldn't allow more deaths, not even her own.

The princess got up and removed her dress, she stayed in bath for long. She didn't cry, she was thinking, plotting, scheming, every way she could to get hold of the throne again.

It was five days until they appoint a new king, and Seora personally rooted for Taeyong but she couldn't allow her stepsister to marry him.

This wasn't due to jealousy, she didn't want her stepmother to continue her legacy. It should stop with just her family. The awful blood that the queen carries shouldn't go on anymore, it would be a disgrace to the royal history.

She needed to be stopped. Her awful deeds shouldn't continue to other families anymore. As she got out from her bath, she put on a robe and only then she realised it had been so late in the night. However, it was just the right mood for her to think as she didn't want any distraction.

Seora undo her hair and headed for her hairdresser. However, before she could reach for her comb, she felt cold breeze blowing in her direction. It came to her realisation that her window was opened, which was odd as she had shut it beforehand.

As she realised that it might not be coincidental, Seora stormed for the bedroom door which she had locked, but before she could even grab the doorknob, she was pushed to the adjacent wall and her mouth was covered.

"Don't scream."

《—♡ 》
🐾 vote for nct
on idol champ!
we were at #1 but now
we're falling to #2 so pls
dont let this pass by, we gotta
give the boys a win after their
hard work while in tour 🥺