8.

The princess wasn't sure what got into her but she woke up extra early the next day. Her foot was all okay thanks to her court lady. Somehow, she had a dream.

A dream which visioned how her life would be for the next upcoming years. She had no throne to worry about, no enemy. She was reborn, like how she wished for once. It was a rare opportunity snd Seora figured out she should live this life to the fullest.

She wanted to learn and do as much as she could with her life as Eunmi. She wanted to bring fortune like the name she made up. As she walked into the kitchen, she greeted Youngmi giddily who was preparing an early breakfast.

"Good morning!"

"Goodness gracious!" Youngmi was surprised. Normally, it was only her and Jaehyun who was up as they had to leave early to carry their duties at the palace. She removed the hand over her heart and stared at the princess carefully.

Youngmi convinced herself she wasn't dreaming. "Is everything alright, Your Highness?" "Eunmi." Seora corrected her with a playful glare. "I wanted to help, I can't live here freely, I need to offer something to you and your family at least." She said.

The court lady tilted her head slightly, she was touched by how kind the princess was. Although she would never agree to her having to work or anything but she knew there was no way to stop the young lady as well.

Seora might be an obedient child, but she was also very smart. Something the queen hated so much about her stepdaughter.

"I don't know, really." Youngmi hesitated. "There's nothing much work to be done up in the hill and going to town is certainly a no." She added. "But I won't stop you, just promise me not to head down. Please, everyone is still in search for you." Youngmi pleaded.

Though Seora was quite disappointed that she could do nothing to help but she knew she'll figure out something. She had to. The idea of staying with the family for free really bothered her. She seemed like a useless girl, and it differed from what people thought she was as a princess.

After helping out with breakfast, Seora decided to head out of the house for a while. She wanted to see for herself if the snow had melted. She promised the little girl that she would bring her for the lilacs.

Strangely, Seora found herself excited to see the flowers as well. As she was about to walk out of the door, she almost bumped into Jaehyun who was walking in.

"My apologies, Milady." He quickly bowed but Seora pulled him up to stand straight incase his daughter sees him. "I'm Eunmi, remember? Gosh, you and Youngmi are no different." She said.

Jaehyun could only smile softly. Seora looked at him for a while. Strange, how he was only older than her by a year and yet he was doing such a tough work. Being a royal bodyguard was never easy, he needed to risk his life in exchange for hers.

She glanced outside, somehow eager to go out but she needed to ask him something. However, her curiosity was answered by his outfit. "They put you as a palace guard now?" She asked and the male nodded slightly.

"What about Youngmi?" She asked. "She's in charge of the queen somehow, for her daily routines." Jaehyun answered. The idea of her serving the queen really upset the princess. Youngmi was her friend, she appreciated her that much and she wanted her nowhere near someone like the queen.

"She's fine, the queen barely interacts with her." Jaehyun said as he noticed the distressed look coming from her. "Is something bothering you? You're awake very early." Jaehyun brought himself to ask.

He had been working for her quite a while, he and Youngmi knew her very much. "I'm fine." Seora smiled softly. "I'm just, I'm sorry to have put you into this." She added. The thought was bothering her.