T.D. H.I.N.Y. M.T. A. S. 3

Start from the beginning

"Steve." Barnes whispered then he looked over to dad, guilty as he held his metal arm.

"I can't fix my arm myself. I know you probably hate me-"

"I don't hate you, Barnes. You were controlled by HYDRA. And there's one thing I do know. You would never willingly work with HYDRA or do any of those killings. Now, let's fix your arm and get you some food. A shower as well." Dad said and I walked with dad to the lab. Barnes sat on a free chair, and I walked around grabbing a few tools that'll help fix his arm, before I sat them down.

"You look like Stark, but someone else as well but I cannot place who." Barnes said as he looked at me.

"My mom's name was Mary Fitzgerald. She was a SHIELD Agent and a Scientist as well." i said and he looked away from me.

"I'm sorry." He got out and i knew he was the reason for the car accident that killed mom.

"I don't hate you, Barnes. Yes, I lost my mom, but I gained a much bigger family in the process. Let us help you." I said.

"That's why I'm here, so your dad can fix my arm." He said.

"That's not what I mean. You can start over here." I said.

"And what, lose control? Become him, again? I can't do that." He said and I rolled my eyes, before I poked his head.

"Then let's take that side away from you." I said before I carefully found the parts of his brain, and the codewords that would trigger him into turning into the Winter Soldier, and I wiped them from his mind. I blinked and lowered my hand, watching as Barnes instantly relaxed tenfold, but was still tense.

"Will he be okay?" Steve asked me.

"No one will have to worry about the Winter Soldier, coming back." I said before I helped dad with Barnes arm, as Steve and Bucky talked softly.

"That should do it, for your arm, Barnes. The kids and I can, make you a brand new one, that doesn't hold your past, if you like." Dad said and he looked at us in shock.

"You'd do that for me, even after what I did to you both? To everyone?" he asked.

"Of course." I said.

"You deserve your second chance in life." Dad said before he pulled my chair closer so he could pull me into a hug.

"I got my second chance, and I don't plan on letting them go." Dad said and Barnes look down for several moments then nodded.

"We'll put your room right next to Steve's." dad said.

"You two go ahead and catch up some more. We can have him met the others later, and we can have Therapy together." I said and Barnes furrowed his brows.

"Therapy?" He asked.

"It's what Pepper Potts, Stark's girlfriend, had us all do. We talk about our problems, are fears, the past, and more. It helps." Steve said before he ushered Barnes out.

Over the course of several weeks, Barnes, who wished to be called Bucky slowly got better. He still had his moments, where he would flinch if anyone would touch him, or say a certain word, or do a certain action. He still had nightmares, but between the Therapy, Wanda and I both carefully using our powers to ease his mind over the nightmares, he slowly got better. I was leaning up against dad with my feet in Wanda's lap, laughing at a story Bucky was telling about Steve when I felt a powerful surge of energy. I blinked and looked around but no one else seemed to have felt it when I felt a familiar power surge.

"Sir, it would appear Captain Danvers, has entered the atmosphere with a spaceship. She's requesting permission to land the ship on the grounds."

"Who's on the Ship?" I asked.