Safe

Virgil tensed and his sobs lessened as he looked up, his eyes wide with fear. He relaxed only a fraction when he saw who it was.
Patton. He had Logan in tow and his face was etched with concern, which was mirrored on his boyfriends face.

Virgil was clearly not okay but he nodded anyway, stifling another sob.

Patton ran to him and threw his arms around him. He was shocked at how frail the boy felt under his jacket.

Virgil stiffened in shock but didn't pull away.
"I'm f...fine," he mumbled

Patton pulled away, frowning. He examined Virgil's face and gasped.

"Virgil, you're bleeding!" He exclaimed, gently touching the side of Virgil's head, causing him to wince.
He stood up, pulling Virgil to his feet.
"You are coming with us," he said firmly.

Virgil opened his mouth to protest but looking at the expression on the smaller boys face, closed it again. He wasn't getting out of this.

—————————————————

During the short walk to Patton's house Logan spoke up.
"Virgil, might I ask, what happened?"

"I-uh...I...f...fell over..." Virgil mumbled.

Logan frowned but didn't pursue the matter further. The boy was extremely shaken and he clearly hadn't simply 'fallen over'.

—————————————————

When they reached the house Patton pushed Virgil onto his bed and ran into the bathroom, returning a minute later with a damp towel. He very gently pushed Virgil's fringe to the side and began carefully wiping off the still drying blood, causing him to almost start crying again; He wasn't used to such tenderness.

Logan leaned over Patton's shoulder to look at Virgil's head and let out a low whistle.

"That's nasty," he said, simply.

There was a large bruise forming below a sizeable gash just above Virgil's left ear.

Patton examined the wound and bit his lip, his brow furrowed in thought.
"Virgil? You're probably going to need stitches,"

Virgil, who had been silent since entering the house, snapped his head up, his eyes frantic.

"No..." he whispered, his voice shaking slightly.

"It'll get infected if you don't," Logan said gently, sensing something was wrong.

"I...I cant...," Virgil said in a choked whisper.

"Is it the hospital?" Patton asked softly.

Virgil responded with a small nod.

Patton sat next to the trembling boy and took his hand. He expected him to pull away but he sat completely still, his eyes downcast.

"We'd be right there with you," he said reassuringly, "We won't let anything happen to you but you need to get that looked at,"

Virgil seemed to be frozen but he eventually took a deep breath and nodded.

"Alright," He said, looking up, his face still tear stained but determined.

-Time Skip-

The trip to the hospital was thankfully uneventful. Virgil stuck to his story of falling over and hurting his head, which Logan and Patton clearly didn't believe. To his relief they didn't question him at more at the hospital but he knew he would have to tell them at least a version of the truth eventually.

When they got back they all sat on Patton's bed in silence.

"So," Patton said eventually, "are you going to tell us what really happened? Cause you sure as heck didn't fall over,"

"My...my fa-," Virgil started but the words were cut of by a bout of sobbing.

Even though he didn't finish his sentence, Logan deduced what he was about to say.

"Virgil," he said softly, anger rising in his voice, "Did your father do this to you?"

Virgil didn't reply but the way he flinched was enough for Logan.
"That son of a bitch," he muttered

Patton looked stricken. He grabbed Virgil's hand again and held it tightly.

"What happened?" His voice cracked as he said it. He couldn't bear the though of someone hurting the boy sitting next to him.

"He...he was d...drunk and-," Virgil's sentence was cut off again by a fresh wave of sobbing, tears sliding down his cheeks.

Logan and Patton simultaneously put their arms around the trembling boy and held him tightly while he sobbed, whispering sweet nothings to him.

"You're staying here," Patton mumbled into his shoulder, "You're safe,"

Virgil just nodded.

The three boys sat like that for a good twenty minutes until Virgil fell asleep, then they gently placed him on Patton's bed. They slept on the sofa.

————————————————
Ok so I was kinda close to crying while writing this so...
I need friends😂

If anyone reads this I hope your enjoying it? Idfk

Later🤟🏻