He’d been the only one who believed that I was a human, while Lesley and the rest of them thought I was a Werewolf hiding my scent.

Stupid stupid Wolves.

“I told Lesley she was a human,” the guy, who I assumed was Macon, replied to the Alpha.

“You’re my third in command. You don’t take orders from Lesley,” the Alpha said in a reprimanding tone.

“Third in command?’ I asked, impressed that the dude had a title.

“I’ll explain later,” the Alpha said, turning back to me for just a moment.

Now he knew I was a human. However, he had no idea I knew what they were.

“Let’s get you out of here,” he told me.

“I’m not going anywhere with you,” I stated.

I backed away from him when his arms tried to pick me up.

I was already at the back of the wall. When my head made just the smallest of contact with the wall, the pain from the bump returned.

I cried out and my hand instinctively moved to the back of my head.

“What happened?” the Alpha worriedly asked, as he tried to touch me.

I cringed when he pressed his hand against the back of my head.

“Stupid, it hurts!” I snapped, trying to push his hand away.

His eyes widened at me, and it was my time to shrink back. So maybe calling the Alpha stupid hadn’t been my brightest idea.

“Um, it hurts,” I tried to correct, but I was sure it didn’t sound sincere.

Heck, I shouldn’t have cared whether I offended him or not. But the close proximity between us was making me nervous and my heart raise.

I thought my words had angered him, but it was from. He moved me enough to see the back of my head. I couldn’t see his expression, but I heard him gasp audibly.

One moment he was kneeling next to me with a dark look in his eyes, and in a flash he was moving towards the group outside of the cell.

“Who did that to her!” He growled so loudly, his voice made a shiver run through my body.

The shiver wasn’t from fear- it was from excitement. I shook my head at the thought, castigating myself for having it. I blamed it on the bump that was messing with my head.

When I turned back to the group, I noticed that I must’ve spaced out for a while.

I looked up just in time to catch the Alpha swinging his arm with so much force at one of the guys who’d been at my apartment yesterday.

The blow made the guy fall to the ground and I was sure we all heard the loud snap that came from him.

After that, the Alpha did the same to three other guys. Although he hadn’t touched Lesley, she was looking scared.

Macon and the other guy, who’d entered later, stood to the side. They were staring at the Alphas as he continued to beat the guys.

The last thing I remember was seeing the Alpha approach Macon, before I drifted off into darkness.

I felt thirsty and hungry. I was pulled away from a deep sleep that had been nothing but restless because my stomach felt empty and it hurt.