“What did you think Einstein?” I asked, not really expecting an answer.

“I’m Caine,” he introduced, like if I’d asked him his name.

“I don’t care! You bit me,” I said, putting extra emphasis on the fact that he had attacked me.

All of my energy was focused on getting out of his embrace. It was to no avail, because when he let me go, I fell to the ground. Just before I landed on my ass, his arms caught me.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, as he helped me take a seat on the floor.

“What’s wrong? Are you serious? You just bit me!” I snapped, narrowing my eyes at him.

Right after I said that, I had to close my eyes for a moment to keep myself from blacking out. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but I was hoping for the latter.

If the guy had bit me, who knew what he would do if I blacked out.

“Are you okay?” He asked, running the outside of his hand over my cheek.

I had the urge to lean into his touch, but I pushed it away. The man had just bit me- there was definitely something wrong with him. Then again, he was a pack Wolf. I should’ve expected something like that from him. Liam had warned me from his kind.

I slapped his hand away, and he seemed surprised by that.

“Don’t touch me sicko!”

Either my words or the slap made him frown, because he was looking at me disapprovingly.

“What’s wrong with her?” The Alpha asked, as he stood up and looked behind him.

The five guys who’d been there before, along with Lesley- all suddenly went pale.

When I touched my neck, it slightly stung. It didn’t exactly hurt. There wasn’t much blood either, which was also surprising.

“You just bit me and you think something is wrong with me?” I asked him.

“The claim shouldn’t make you sick, even if you’re a human,” he said to me, like if that explained everything.

Right,” I said, stretching out the word for emphasis.

“I won’t ask again,” he said, ignoring my comment.

“She was with a Rogue.” Lesley was the first to speak.

Her voice was shaky and she looked scared. I rolled my eyes at her, but she didn’t notice. They were all focused on the Alpha- who now looked taller than before.

It was partly because I was sitting on the ground, and partly because they had all shrunk back with the killer look the Alpha was giving them.  

“You’re all crazy,” I added my input.

The Alpha turned to face me when I spoke. When his dark look landed on me, I noticed his features soften.

He lowered himself on the ground, kneeling in front of me.

When his hand moved to touch my shoulder, I shrugged it away. For some reason, a pained expression took over his face, but it only lasted a second.

Without getting up, he turned back to the group.

“Macon?” He was looking at the guy who had more or less defended me