I had invested far too much into this life to become a Weasley.

I had to reveal my true identity. My voice shook. "Wait! Before you kill me, there's something I need to tell you – "

Black interrupted, "I'm not going to kill you. I could never kill you, Harry."

I blinked in surprise. I probably shouldn't have pressed my luck, but I always was curious. "Wait. You are Sirius Black, right? The vengeful, unhinged Death Eater who betrayed my parents and exploded some Muggles?"

"I was framed."

"Oh. That's nice. Never mind about what I was going to say before, then."

Third Year: Bloody Gryffindors

"You should have realized," Lupin said quietly, "if Voldemort didn't kill you, we would. Good-bye, Peter."

"I'll kill him!"

Everyone turned to me in shock. "What? You can't do that," Lupin argued.

"He killed my parents. I get dibs," I said.

"You're only thirteen, Harry. Leave this to us" - Sirius flashed a feral smile - "We'll handle this."

I snorted. "Like there's an age limit on murder. Really, you're a Black. I thought you'd know better than that. Now, move aside, I've just discovered this absolutely delightful cutting curse and I'd like to put it to good use."

Lupin said, "This is wrong. We should turn him in."

"Fine," Black reluctantly agreed. "I guess I'd rather not do this in front of Harry, anyway. We'll take the rat to Dumbledore, and he will be Kissed."

They nodded and shook hands.

I stifled a whine. This was what I hated about Gryffindors. They always turned a perfectly good murder into some sort of moral lesson. At this rate, I'd never make that new Horcrux.

"Scabbers, er, Pettigrew's gone." the Weasley said. Apparently, while Lupin and Black had been making friends and sharing epiphanies, my ex-informant had scurried off into the night.

"This never would have happened if you'd let me murder him."

Third Year: Happy Memories

"Harry? How did you summon that Patronus?" Hermione was referring to the silvery snake I'd unleashed upon a crowd of dementors to save her, Black, and me. Mostly me.

Many people believe that someone as evil as Lord Voldemort could never use such powerful light magic. However, a Patronus is generated from a happy memory, not a nice one. My happiest memories just happen to involve a lot of blood.

"I defeated Lord Voldemort. I can do anything."

She rolled her eyes. "Right, sure, now tell me how you really did it."

Sometimes I hate having clever minions.

I shrugged. "The school was besieged by dementors. I wanted to protect myself."

"And you didn't tell me?" she whined, eyes big and tearful. It was scary how good she was getting at manipulating people. I suspect I may be a bad influence.

Oh well.

"What about that time turner of yours? You didn't tell me that you had control over the very fabric of reality. We could have done such glorious things…" I said.

"That's exactly why I didn't tell you," she said with a smirk.

Oh, she was evil…

Fifth Year: Career Success