"And the eye color thing, it's when we switch with our wolves. Like mine are blue, so I'm in control right now, But when they turn gold, your wolf is starting to appear or trying to take control. You kinda saw that last night, or at least that's what you said. And then there is black, that's when your wolf is in full control of your body. You basically get put in the back of your head and you can only talk to your wolf." Hunter explains, leaning back in his chair again. He just watches me with a semi blank face as I nod slowly and take this is.

"Um...Got it?"

"Yeah, not the easiest thing to take in, but your surprisingly calm. Which is weird. Your right, this is weird."

"I have a way of staying calm." I say with a small smile.

"I am sorry. I really hope you know that. I don't think I ever really meant to hurt you, but things just really went the wrong way for me and I don't expect you to forgive me but I do want to make things better."

I look up at Hunter and bite the corner of my lip as I think about what to say. "Why? What was going on?" I ask.

Hunter looks down and sighs. "Some things went on about my mate, I mean with me realizing who they were and my wolf was really frazzled. I got into some argument with him and things went down. He took over my body for a week or two and then when I got control back I shut him out for a week, but then he was still upset so he blocked me out for two years." Hunter, now looking down at the table, talks to me in an ashamed voice.

"I looked for something or someone to get out on. I had so much anger and confusion. And I know that and I did know that back then, but I didn't have control over myself or what I did to anyone. I've hurt a lot of people, not just you and I want to fix things. Not having my wolf was a whole other thing for me, it was like he was ripped from me emotionally. I didn't have control over things, half the time that I did those things to you, I don't even remember. My mind would blank out for periods of time until I remember to get my head straight."

"then why did you continue to do it? I mean, you could have stopped. Why me?" I ask looking down just like him.

"Because you were easy. your a side liner for everything. It-you were just easy. And I tried to stop but I couldn't I don't know why. I think part of it was that my friends are terrible. They beat everyone up and I think I was just scared of losing my group? I didn't know how to feel, I don't know how to feel. "

I sit with my head down. My knees are bouncing and every time someone leaves or enters my head shoots up and I make sure my dad isn't in here.

I've had enough of him and I can't be with him. Even if he is my dad. "Just so you know, almost everyone is smaller than you." I say trying to break the silence. "And an easy target. But I get it, I guess."

"What do you mean?"

"You weren't right? Like...you weren't mentally right? You lost a part of you and that must have sucked. You...you didn't know what to do with yourself. I'm not saying beating me to a pulp was right, and I'm not saying the you saving me from the woods is making up for this. But I get it."

I see a small smile on his face as he looks down into his lap, pulling his sleeve down so his hands are covered. I haven't looked him in the eye the entire time we've been here, or I've tried not to.

He looks broken. Like he's going to break down, like this is the worst thing he's ever done but does a person change like that over night? I mean four days ago he was beating me down in The hallways.

My head shoots over to the door again as someone goes out. Hunter turns too, his face frowns. "Come on." He says turning to me and pushing me up. I tense up and cover myself in a reflex and stop moving.