Hideyoshi Toyotomi x Reader - "My Heart Stopped And I Wasn't The One Who Was"

Having convinced Nobunaga to give Hideyoshi a day off because he overworks too much, you plan on spending the entire day together. What you didn't expect, however, was to prevent him from being poisoned by being the one on the brink of death.

 What you didn't expect, however, was to prevent him from being poisoned by being the one on the brink of death

Requested by anon: " Hideyoshi and mc goes on a date and decided to have a meal together. They were busy chatting especially hideyoshi , venting his frustration with his work. When he's about to take his first bite, mc shoves away all the plated food off the table. The food had been poisoned and she violently coughed up blood. How would he reacts to this? Can you make this from his pov. I'll leave it to you for the ending."

A/N: I don't write in a certain point of view anymore, but I'll include as many of his thoughts as possible, hope you like it!

Warning: floof followed by a little angst.

"Enter," the voice ordered. The girl slowly slid the door open, bowing as she closed it.

"Is there anything you need, (Y/N)?" Nobunaga looked up with a smile, placing the brush beside the script he was writing on.

"Yes," she nodded, sitting in front of him.

"I'm listening intently," He encouraged.

"I was wondering if you could let Hideyoshi have a day off tomorrow," She requested. The lord's face fell.

"Why would I do that?" he frowned slightly.

"Because he's been overworking and no matter how many times I've told him to go easy on himself, he still insists he needs to get work done. I don't want him to collapse," She expressed her concerns to him. Nobunaga stayed silent for a few moments. The girl feared she might of expressed her worries too openly -- but knowing him, she was sure her message had fully registered in his brain.

"Alright, I'll grant tomorrow as a day off for him, anonymously, I presume?" He agreed.

"Yes please, and thank you so much for this" (Y/N) beamed brightly.

"Your devotion and concern for Hideyoshi is one to learn from, I admire it," He praised, picking up his brush again. The girl stood up, bowing and thanking him again.

"I will leave you to your affairs, thank you again, Nobunaga," She opened the door.

"Of course, serve me well," He saw her off and returned to his script as the screen slid shut.

It was only mid day and decided to run a few errands in town. Her day was surprisingly productive despite how the morning started. The girl was able to deliver two kimonos to two of her clients, who were more than happy with their articles.

Her day came to a close as she sewed the soft fabric in between her finger tips.

"(Y/N)? I'm back," The familiar, honey coated voice announced as the figure stepped into the room.