Chapter 9: To Protect

Depuis le début

Park Jihyo—crossed arms, one army man, with look that's enough to kill someone— is standing right in front of them.

'What's up, unnie?' Chaeyoung asked... nervously asked if I should say it.

'You two are not going anywhere' the God Jihyo firmly said. She took one step that's enough to make the two step back.

'W-what's wrong unnie?' Tzuyu who is usually taller, seem to be shrinking in fear.

Jihyo took another step, then another and another. The two gulped when their noona raised her arm to slap them,

Or not...?

They closed their eyes and demented as they are, each felt an arm wrapping around them, more like pulling them into a hug.

'Jihyo...unnie?' Chaeyoung, who is confused by the sudden action, had an eye contact with the Yoda.

'What's wrong, unnie?' The Yoda asked and rubbed the lady's back. Then, they heard a sob.

It was a moment of silence. The two let themselves stay like that until theyir sister calms down.

'M-mianhae...' Jihyo uttered. The two of course were confused. 'Mianhae... Chaeyoung-ah, Tzuyu-ah... Mianhae...' Jihyo continued to cry on her sisters' shoulders.

'W-wae, unnie? What's wrong with you?' The cub uttered, confused on her sister's emotions.

Jihyo tried her best to stop sobbing and pulled away.

And for the two, seeing their stongest-appa, eomma-loving, sister with tears in her ryes is possibly the view they despise the most because their sister never show vulnerability nor weaknesses in front of them.

'I know, Chaeyoung-ah...' the two furrowed their eyebrows. 'I know what's been happening at school with you three since the runour about me spreaded out....' she uttered.

The two looked at each other with that 'shit-we're-busted' look.

'Mianhae... I've been a bad sister and brought you down with me...' Jihyo cupped her sisters' cheeks and caressed them.

Truly, admiring sister I tell you that.

'It's okay, unnie. Don't ever think that way cause we're the luckiest kids on earth to ahve you as our sister' Tzuyu cringed internally with the words that just came out of her mouth. But, the words are definitely from her heart.

'We love you, unnie. We didn't tell you because didn't want you to worry but we're handling it great unnie, seriously.... we're sorry' Chaeyoung burried her face on her sister's shoulder as she felt nice with her sister responding with caressing her head.

'It's alright... it's okay... just tell me if someone's bothering you... I'll go straight to them' Jihyo uttered trying so hard to be clear as possible.

'We will, unnie. We will...' Tzuyu got her head gently pulled against Jihyo's forehead.

The three stayed like that until Jihyo calmed down.

——-

'Jihyo! Jihyo! Open up' Someone started knocking furiously in Jihyo's apartment, startling thr girl whoms busy knitting.

She hurried went to the door and open it. A panting Momo barged in right up through the door, the worry evidence is so clear on her face.

'What's wrong, Momo?'

The panting girl went straight to the living room, walking back and forth, biting her nails on her shaky hands. Jihyo who's so confused, started to worry.

'Hey, what's wrong with you?' Jihyo asked again watching the girl full of worries, hands shaking.

Momo flopped down on the couch, elbows on her knees, staring at the centre table. Jihyo sat beside Momo and hesitated whether she should touch the worried girl or not.

'They have her' Momo uttered.

'W-what? Who? Who has her? Who's her?' Jihyo furrowed her brows.

'Jeongyeon' Momo said looking at the girl beside who's clearly trying to process what she just said.

'What?! W-wae? Why would they—'

'Mr. Yoo. Her own father'

'I thought we're done with that. I went woth their plan, didn't I? I broke up with her'

'Thing is, Jeongyeon was looking for ways to see you' Momo uttered that made Jihyo lost in touch with her breathing. 'When they found out about the charity because of the Kim's, he went straight there with Jackson and Mr. Jeon'

'I don't know why he hates you so much'

Jihyo stopped functioning for a few seconds to catch up with her breathing.

'H-how did you find out about this?'

'Yugyeom' Momo uttered. 'Remember him?'

Jihyo nodded.

'Well, Yugyeom and his friends secretly became Jeongyeon's men. Jeongyeon knew she can't trust anyone in the company once she becomes the new president of that damn company so she hired Yugyeom and his friends with no one knowing they have a connection' Momo said while Jihyo eagerly listens.

'Yugyeom sent me a text that Jeongyeon is on a house arrest and she might get thrown out to Europe' Momo played with her fingers, 'The text says we need to be careful... Mr. Yoo will go for us all soon'

'Why the hell is he doing this?' Jihyo was starting to be filled with hate towards the old man.

'For him, being at the top means everything. If there's distractions, he'll get rid of it with his own hands' Momo responded with a serious tone.

'What?' Confused, Jihyo asked.

'You really think he made it to the top with clean hands?' Momo asked. 'Being at the top takes a lot.... even if it means costing a life'

'But how? How are we gonna protect ourselves if they basically own the whole Asia?'

'Jeongyeon made a deal with men that has big hate for her old man. Her grandpa especially is gonna send men to protect us' Momo leaned back on the couch, looking at the ceiling.

'What about our lives? Can't we live normally? What about my sisters? One of them is just starting a new beginning. The two are still in school' Jihyo worriedly asked.

Momo sat up straight and turned to Jihyo. She gripped Jihyo's shoulders and looked at her in the eyes.

'Mianhae, Jihyo. Mian, but you're our main resort' Momo uttered. 'If we have you, the girl Jeongyeon's stuck with, we could possibly win this fight'

Momo pulled Jihyo into hug, 'Just hold on, Jihyo. Hold on tight for us, arrasso?'

Jihyo nodded in Momo's shoulder, returning the hug.