chapter five - "we can't"

Start from the beginning

"And let's not forget how a week later, after we were sorted out, I found you fucking some bimbo in our bed just because your were bored and I wouldn't give myself to you!" I continued, venom dripping from my voice.

He was speechless.

"That doesn't explain what just happened" He spoke up.

I was glaring at him when I noticed a hickey peaking from under his scarf. Rage took over my body and I stormed over to him and ripped his scarf off.

"How about you explain that then" I hissed point at the hickey "Because I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't me who gave it to you"

Sauli kept opening his mouth and then snapping it shut again as if he doesn't know what to say.

I ran my hand through my hair. Relationships shouldn't be this hard. His cheated, I've cheated and I'm sure we're just kidding ourselves that this was going to work when we can't even keep our hands off other men.

"Um- maybe we shouldn't continue this" I spoke quietly looking at the ground.

Sauli snapped his head up to look at me.

"What n-no, we're fine, this is just another fight" he said frantically.

"Sauli, we can't keep kidding ourselves" Tears were now freely streaming down my face.

"No, we can work through this!" He begged.

I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his small frame and pulled him into my chest, nestling my head in the crook of his neck. Sauli slowly returned the embrace. We didn't talk but I heard a faint sob come from Sauli.

"Okay" He said in barely a whisper, as if surrendering.

We pulled apart and just shared a look regret of what has become of us.

I felt the urge to kiss him one last time so that's what I did, I tilted my head and slowly moved in so my lips met his for a gentle kiss, my pressed my forehead against his then took a deep breath moving away.

He gave me a soft nod then turned around and left, for good.

Tears were coming down heavier now as I let out a loud broken sob and fell to the floor holding my face in my hands.

Tommy's POV

I was sitting at the top of the stairs listening to the fight until I heard Sauli leave.

I quietly walked down stairs and saw Adam on the floor letting out broken sobs, he heard me and looked up. As soon as I saw how red and puffy his eyes were and the tears flowing down, I rushed over to him and sat next to him facing the opposite way and pulled him into my chest while he broke down. I stroked his hair while he gripped my shirt into fists and continued crying.

This was heartbreaking and I hate the fact it's all because I made that stupid move and kissed him! but I could never regret it.

Once the sobs died down he sat up and moved so his back was pressed against the cupboard, I copied is actions. We sat there in silence and I decided to grab his hand and hold it.

"We broke up" He choked out.

I didn't reply because how am I supposed to reply to that?

"But I don't regret kissing you" He added.

I looked at him to find him already staring and offered a small smile.

"Me neither" I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"For the record, I love you too" Those words felt foreign in my mouth but it felt good to finally say them.

"Hey Adam?"

"Yeah?"

"Sing" That's all I said.

Once I heard his soft singing, I closed my eyes and felt completely and utterly peaceful in this very moment.

"Strip away the flesh and bone

Look beyond the lies you've known

Everybody wants to talk about a freak

No one wants to dig that deep

Let me take you underneath

Baby, better watch your step

Never mind what's on the left

You're gonna see things

You might not wanna see

Its still not that easy for me

Underneath

A red river of screams

Underneath

Tears in my eyes

Underneath

Stars in my black and blue sky

Underneath

Under my skin

Underneath the depths of my sin

Look at me

Now do you see?"

xxxxxx

A/N holla! Again you know the drill, here's a new chapter, it hasn't been edited yet and yeah :) I'd like to say a MASSIVE thankyou to adamlambert23 for giving me the idea for this chapter, so thankyou :) go check out her story!

smolderhalderx